RIM's prototype BlackBerry 10 device likened to a mini-PlayBook

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    myapplelovemyapplelove Posts: 1,515member

it will be sad to see rim go under, as it was sad to see palm go under...a world with ios, android and windows isn't very fun and doesn't really drive innovation for the consumer. Kudos for sticking to their own os and I hope they pull through.

• Reply 22 of 28
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Apropos...

Gruber services up some old chowder.

http://daringfireball.net/

Deeeeelish!
  • Reply 23 of 28

Quote:

Originally Posted by myapplelove View Post

it will be sad to see rim go under, as it was sad to see palm go under...a world with ios, android and windows isn't very fun and doesn't really drive innovation for the consumer. Kudos for sticking to their own os and I hope they pull through.

Three OSs are enough to keep competition strong. Actually even two will do.

• Reply 24 of 28
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Looks a little like Windows Phone 7.

And I'm really unsure how I feel about that keyboard.

It looks like every other not-iPhone.

BBM: hoping 10th time's a charm.

• Reply 25 of 28
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd_in_sb View Post

RIM, welcome to 2007. You finally made it.

That's why they wanted everyone to WAKE UP... and notice they existed. image

Quote:

Originally Posted by myapplelove View Post

yeah, like, what has apple ever done?

• Reply 26 of 28
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    jd_in_sb wrote: »
    Of all the things Steve did at the 2007 iPhone demo, I don't think he pinched and zoomed. I believe he did a double tap on NY Times web site. Could be wrong, of course.

Apple Macworld San Francisco 2007 Keynote Address
    At 59'30'' he pinches in on a photo. The rest is indeed mostly double tap, especially when demoing Google Maps. I too could be wrong of course...
  • Reply 27 of 28
    capoeira4ucapoeira4u Posts: 160member

The UI doesn't look too bad actually.  It's very iPhone-like compared to Android.  

• Reply 28 of 28
    dick applebaumdick applebaum Posts: 12,527member
    I really like the keyboard gestures to display and hide the numbers keyboard and undo redo the typing of whole words. It makes the keyboard multidimensional.

Also the camera interface was interesting. I like the "touch anywhere" to take a picture feature. The ability to adjust a picture backwards and forwards in time is a great feature!

Actually, this shouldn't be too hard to implement:

1) instead of a single-frame picture, take a short video clip of, say, 25 frames.

2) let the user select the frame by adjusting backwards and forwards in time

3) if the user does nothing select the center frame or, save the entire clip for later adjustment