Purported next-gen iPhone headphone jack and earpiece parts emerge

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

The thing at the middle bottom has to be a SIM slot. See how it doesn't end on the same level as the headphone jack? The SIM tray has a thickness to its outer wall that would require this.

I don't see why people don't think it's… Oh, right. Apple moved it. Here I am, looking directly at my first gen and wondering why people don't think Apple would put a SIM card tray on top. image

• Reply 22 of 22
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    jeffdm wrote: »
    I don't see why it can't be a SIM slot, there is precedence for that in previous models. You are right to point out it could be for a Touch though, I didn't know it had the audio connector at the bottom.
    I don't know of any phone that puts the SIM tray on the ribbon. I guess they could but that looks more like a flat plug for connecting to the logic board than for a SIM.

This is how I expect the SIM to be mounted in the upcoming device...
    The thing at the middle bottom has to be a SIM slot. See how it doesn't end on the same level as the headphone jack? The SIM tray has a thickness to its outer wall that would require this.

I don't see why people don't think it's… Oh, right. Apple moved it. Here I am, looking directly at my first gen and wondering why people don't think Apple would put a SIM card tray on top. :lol:
    The size and shape don't match up unless we're talking about a new SIM design but even then it doesn't look right.