iPhone orders 'significantly' reduced as Apple begins prepping for next-gen model

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    cash907cash907 Posts: 893member

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

Just so long as they don't increase the size of the case.   Any bigger than it is and it will not fit into anybody's pocket.

Apple tested every size of device, and determined that the current size is the perfect size.  Any other size is less good.

Funny. My wife is a size 3, and her HTC One X fits in her pocket just fine, even when she wears skinny jeans. I sure it won't break any hearts if Apple finds a happy medium between the current size, and the One X's dimensions. The 3.5" screen was fine in the past, but everytime I borrow her phone to look at a webpage, youtube clip or map, I find my 4 severely lacking.

• Reply 22 of 24
    cash907cash907 Posts: 893member

Interesting. It wasn't until well into summer that Apple began drawing down on orders for the current model. This, along with the retailer discounts announced last week, would indicate that the next iphone will either be launched sooner than September/October, or Apple has a boatload more unsold handsets sitting in their warehouses than they did this time last year.

• Reply 23 of 24

I don't think they really like the size of the screen, but the size of the Iphone itself...in comparison to other phones it actually is/was really handy...But now HTC released some phones with bigger screen, but actually the same size as the Iphone => handy phone with bigger screen :) they just left out the "Home Button" I guess ;)

• Reply 24 of 24
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    peter236 wrote: »

That is why Android models outsell the 3 iPhone models, 2 of which are outdated.

That part is true. 5,000 different Android phones from dozens of manufacturers outsell Apple's 3 phones. However, that kind of fragmentation means that few of the Android phone companies are making money and none are making as much as Apple. Furthermore, it means a zillion different products which is bad for consumers. Try getting a matching case. Or spare parts if it breaks. Or support of any type.

Maybe someday they Android phone developers will learn that it makes more sense to put lots of effort into a smaller number of devices rather than spewing 5,000 different models to try to match every single possible customer desire.
    peter236 wrote: »
    The Android ecosystem is large than the IOS ecosystem.

That part is probably false - depending on how you define 'ecosystem'.

There are far more apps on the iOS ecosystem.
    Phones are used far more heavily for web access on the iOS ecosystem.
    Developers make far more money on the iOS ecosystem.
    Advertisers make far more money on the iOS ecosystem.

Keep in mind that the Android numbers include phones that are really no better than feature phones and can't even be considered smart phones. And, of course, the fact that none of the Android phone makers actually releases sales numbers, so it's just a guess.

So, if by 'ecosystem', you mean "I bought a crap phone that's useless, so it's sitting in a drawer somewhere", you might be right. But if you're referring to the actual use of phones, you're probably wrong.