Apple, Samsung fail to reach agreement in court-ordered talks

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    sleepy3sleepy3 Posts: 244member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyram Gestan View Post

If you deny that Samsung stole Apple's designs and tech, you are in deep  denial.

You did read my list and realise i was being sarcastic. All of those things Android actually had first.

• Reply 42 of 43
    lfmorrisonlfmorrison Posts: 698member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyram Gestan View Post

There is no way Apple should pay as much as everyone else.  They will be buying bigger volumes or licenses, and their creditworthyness is better than anybody else.,

Apple should by right pay LESS than anybody.

If Samsung charged Apple LESS for its FRAND patent licenses than it charged everybody else, then that would also constitute discriminatory pricing -- treating all its other licensees differently than it treats one particular licensee -- and they would stand a strong chance of being accused of equally illegal practices under FRAND principles.

Charging less for FRAND patents in exchange for non-cash consideration such as (voluntary) cross-licensing of other the other party's patents is fairly commonplace.  Charging less for FRAND patents without any such reciprocation would probably be frowned upon.

• Reply 43 of 43
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepy3 View Post

You did read my list and realise i was being sarcastic. All of those things Android actually had first.

That didn't answer his question.