Apple CEO Tim Cook often sits with random employees at lunch

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 72
    fredaroonyfredaroony Posts: 619member

Quote:

Originally Posted by WardC View Post

I think most people agree that Tim is likable and a really great fellow all-around. I haven't heard much negative about him at all, I think he's very admired by the Apple community and seen as a positive influence at Apple.

They would? I don't have anything agains't him but how would you possibly have any idea what he is really like?

• Reply 62 of 72
    cash907cash907 Posts: 893member

Awkward...

• Reply 63 of 72
    haggarhaggar Posts: 1,568member

Quote:

"In general, Apple has become slightly more open and considerably more corporate," he wrote. "In some cases Cook is taking action that Apple sorely needed and employees badly wanted. It's almost as if he is working his way through a to-do list of long overdue repairs the previous occupant (Jobs) refused to address for no reason other than obstinacy."

Oh no, Apple is doomed.  Steve's way is the only way to do things.  How dare Tim Cook do anything differently from Steve.  Anybody who does things differently from Steve will fail.

• Reply 64 of 72
    mgsarchmgsarch Posts: 50member

Are we supposed to care that Tim occasionally sits down to have lunch with random employees? Slightly less cynical, I do care a great deal about the comments Max Paley made in the Fortune piece on Tim and Apple. Things like this: "I've been told that any meeting of significance is now always populated by project management and global-supply management ... When I was there, engineering decided what we wanted, and it was the job of product management and supply management to go get it. It shows a shift in priority." sound very concerning.

• Reply 65 of 72
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgsarch View Post

Are we supposed to care that Tim occasionally sits down to have lunch with random employees? Slightly less cynical, I do care a great deal about the comments Max Paley made in the Fortune piece on Tim and Apple. Things like this: "I've been told that any meeting of significance is now always populated by project management and global-supply management ... When I was there, engineering decided what we wanted, and it was the job of product management and supply management to go get it. It shows a shift in priority." sound very concerning.

So why did Steve pick Tim to replace him then?

• Reply 66 of 72
    island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

So why did Steve pick Tim to replace him then?

Whim.

[j/k]

• Reply 67 of 72
    msimpsonmsimpson Posts: 452member

Quote:

Tim Cook at Foxconn

Apple CEO Tim Cook distracts the FoxConn workers by smiling and waving, while with his other hand he slyly helps himself to their french fries.

• Reply 68 of 72
    mgsarchmgsarch Posts: 50member

As to why Steve picked Tim, remains to be seen.

• Reply 69 of 72
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgsarch View Post

As to why Steve picked Tim, remains to be seen.

Hardly. He's a master of getting deals made.

• Reply 70 of 72
    relefuntrelefunt Posts: 18member

Random employees? You mean Apple just hires random people?

• Reply 71 of 72
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relefunt View Post

Random employees? You mean Apple just hires random people?

He only sits with employees who don't conform to social norms and do different things each day.

Methodical employees don't interest him.

• Reply 72 of 72
    slang4artslang4art Posts: 376member
    He only sits with employees who don't conform to social norms and do different things each day.

Methodical employees don't interest him.

An unconfirmed source tells me he will often use random urinals on bathroom breaks as well.