Apple to launch new iPad in Guam, Philippines on May 29

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
In a quiet update to its Asian iPad page, Apple revealed that Guam and the Philippines would be the next countries to receive the newest version of the popular tablet with a planned May 29 debut.

Instead of making an official announcement, Apple has opted to quietly change the advertised availability of the third generation iPad on its "Where to buy" webpage (via macnn), which now quotes availability as "Coming May 29."

Previous to the change, Guam and the Philippines were not mentioned on the page and represent two of the last major markets in Asia that doesn't yet sell the device. The lucrative mainland China market is also noticeably absent as Apple is currently in an international dispute with Proview over the iPad trademark.

When the tablet makes its debut in Guam, it will apparently only be available at authorized Apple resellers, while customers in the Philippines have the added options to buy the device through Apple's online store as well as local cell carrier Globe Telecom.

New iPad

Since its launch in March, the Retina Display-sporting iPad has been a hot seller for the Cupertino-based company, selling 3 million units in its first weekend of availability. The device's international rollout was also one of the fastest in Apple history and debuted in an additional 25 countries and territories a week after its launch.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4

Guam is part of the USA... I'm surprised it hadn't gotten the iPad with the rest of the country. I mean, how many additional iPads will Guam be able to suck up totally?

• Reply 2 of 4
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Guam is part of the USA... I'm surprised it hadn't gotten the iPad with the rest of the country. I mean, how many additional iPads will Guam be able to suck up totally?

Tens of thousands, I imagine? Population's a little over 100k.

• Reply 3 of 4

It is indeed a great news for those living in Guam..Between is this iPad been launched any where else??

swim training fins

• Reply 4 of 4

I have read all the articles and confirm that A couple of months after product's latest update, the pace of iPad sales expansion has finally begun to slow. The device is now in roughly 90 regions, leaving Apple little room for growth.