Apple stores busy with secretive activity ahead of WWDC keynote

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    And then they ignore all hardware and just talk about how well Reminders, Contacts, Calendar, and Notes sync from iCloud to Mountain Lion. :lol:

Well if they get all the kinks worked out that would be worth talking about.

The June 5th date is interesting though, Apple might have to much to update to do it all at WWDC.
  • Reply 22 of 32
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    tylerk36 wrote: »
    Hundreds of Semi Trucks parked outside the store full of 55 inch Apple Televisions that will need to be off loaded the day and time of the Keynote.

LOL.

Most Apple retail stores don't even have room for a TV, much less a lineup of TVs.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    bigmikebigmike Posts: 266member

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwik View Post

When they unveil your new digital assistant, "Clampy," and have a blue sky motif you will know the transformation is complete.  AAPL has now made its definitive products.  Now it is all about milking them and waiting things out.  Apple fans remind me of Microsoft fans in the 1990s.  One thing I do know: Apple fans were a rare breed nobody liked them or Apple.  Mainstream success and accoloades were heaped on Microsoft.  Legions of fans were everywhere.  Back then.  Microsoft believed its own hype, much like a recent Apple advertisement intoning, "colors more vibrant. everything is more brilliant."  Crowds don't make a product wrong.  I am just saying the human phenomenon here is absolutely not indicative of a good product.  OS X has never been more stagnant or more boring.  I was amazed last weekend to see an Apple store totally jammed.  Essentially no new product in 2 years.  Jammed.  Running on hype alone, friends.

And the day will come when a new company comes along and passes Apple as far as innovation. Until that day, they just keep refining and updating their existing well-designed products, while working on new ones. Yeah, it's all just hype and hype alone. Has nothing to do with good product (and store) design. Not at all. That's why nobody copies Apple. Not at all.

• Reply 24 of 32
    s.metcalfs.metcalf Posts: 972member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

"Mysterious black box" - I love the run up to an Apple Keynote.

I wonder if the secret engineers all had iPods with the Mission Impossible theme playing while they worked. image

They obviously had a higher "Operating Apple Level" than the lowly shop managers.

• Reply 25 of 32
    elrothelroth Posts: 1,201member

Those guys who came into the stores with the black boxes were not actually from Apple. They were spies from Samsung, stealing designs from Apple's servers.

• Reply 26 of 32
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    bwik wrote: »
    When they unveil your new digital assistant, "Clampy," and have a blue sky motif you will know the transformation is complete.  AAPL has now made its definitive products.  Now it is all about milking them and waiting things out.  Apple fans remind me of Microsoft fans in the 1990s.  One thing I do know: Apple fans were a rare breed nobody liked them or Apple.  Mainstream success and accoloades were heaped on Microsoft.  Legions of fans were everywhere.  Back then.  Microsoft believed its own hype, much like a recent Apple advertisement intoning, "colors more vibrant. everything is more brilliant."  Crowds don't make a product wrong.  I am just saying the human phenomenon here is absolutely not indicative of a good product.  OS X has never been more stagnant or more boring.  I was amazed last weekend to see an Apple store totally jammed.  Essentially no new product in 2 years.  Jammed.  Running on hype alone, friends.

No new products in 2 years? Are you kidding or just delusional?

Sure, they haven't completely revolutionized an entire industry in something over 2 years (since the introduction of the iPad), but it's unrealistic to expect that. Every single product line Apple has (except the Mac Pro) has had significant new products in the past 2 years.

Of course, if you don't want to count new products like the 4S or iPad 3 or MacBook Airs, then you need to look at the rest of the industry. Which other company has completely revolutionized a market during that same 2 years? You're holding Apple to an unreasonable standard.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    lafelafe Posts: 252member

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHagan4755 View Post

OoOoOo the mysterious black box.  Sounds like Apple's running area 51.  Where are the Men in Black?  Oh wait, it's not men — it's a black box.

I believe that these were indeed men in black, but that their names were Jake and Elwood. image

• Reply 28 of 32
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

No new products in 2 years? Are you kidding or just delusional?

Sure, they haven't completely revolutionized an entire industry in something over 2 years (since the introduction of the iPad), but it's unrealistic to expect that. Every single product line Apple has (except the Mac Pro) has had significant new products in the past 2 years.

Of course, if you don't want to count new products like the 4S or iPad 3 or MacBook Airs, then you need to look at the rest of the industry. Which other company has completely revolutionized a market during that same 2 years? You're holding Apple to an unreasonable standard.

If Apple doesn't create or completely revolutionize a new industry every year, then the company is an utter failure, you heard it here first. Never mind that no other computer hardware company has really changed anything since the first PC. It's incredible how Apple detractors need to up the rhetoric to the level of crazed, delusional insanity in order to attack the company, and instead of comparing Apple to everything else out there, they ignore the other players and invent new 'standards' for success and innovation that are apparently from another universe.  

The first iPhone came out less than 5 years ago. The first iPad 2 years ago. Look at how massively the phone and tablet space has changed since then- to the point of being difficult to imagine how different they were just a few years ago. I don't know what else to say. Apple's momentum has been staggering, if anything, and it looks like we actually may get a couple completely new products this year. Raging blind hatred of the poster you responded to doesn't rely on facts or rationality. I'm amazed at how many on these boards pine for the days when Apple's stock price was the price of a sandwich, their MBPs cost $3K, and they were a mocked and irrelevant part of the tech landscape. Maybe these people can start an online petition to get Apple to roll-back to these 'glory days' that they miss so much. I'm sick and tired of the inane ramblings of these neck-bearded basement-dwellers aho are completely disconnected from average people and their needs/wants, yet claim to speak for them. . 

• Reply 29 of 32
    hammeroftruthhammeroftruth Posts: 1,312member

Quote:

Wow Apple hype has legs!!

If you are bored with OSX, you are welcome to use Windows 8.  That will keep you busy for awhile.

• Reply 30 of 32
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

"Mysterious black box" - I love the run up to an Apple Keynote.

Probably turn out that it was something to do with wifi issues on their internal network. or to improve being able to activate new phones on this or that network and actually has zero to do with WWDC

• Reply 31 of 32

Quote:

Essentially no new product in 2 years.  Jammed.  Running on hype alone, friends.

So what if they haven't released some awesome never before seen product in a couple of years. They have improved their existing products and those products are deemed useful and wanted by people. Perhaps not you because you don't like 'old' products but enough others that Apple wasn't laying off people during that near recession, they weren't closing stores etc. They were hiring more folks, opening more stores. Because they were selling stuff. Which is why you hear about governments adopting iPads, schools adopting iPads. etc. Not Windows tablets, not Android tablets, not some made just for schools etc tablets. But iPads. 

Maybe Apple is running on hype but that hype is that their products are good 

• Reply 32 of 32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I have a feeling people will be mighty pissed if there are no Macbook or MacPro announcements soon.  Yes WWDC is a software conference but since Apple doesn't participate in MacWorld any more where else do they announce new hardware except then for special events?  

Maybe they don't. Apple knows the moment that "we'll be back" goes up on the website every blog in the world gets the news and is watching to see what happens. They know they don't need to make a big to do about their hardware for it to get attention. They could just post the info and a few videos on the site and they will get the same sales as before. Especially with their computers. Tim Cook said he loves it when the blogs talk about Apple (though not so much when they are pushing 99% false rumors). He didn't say the whole reason which includes that it's free press so Apple doesn't have to bother marketing their stuff quite so hard or with so much expensive.