73% of iPhone buyers choose 4S, 38% switch from Android or BlackBerry

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 53
    actechactech Posts: 9member

Though I still have my IPad, other Apple laptops and devices, and my kids still have their iphones, my wife and I changed to Samsung S2 and we are still very satisfied with our decision.  If the IPhone offers a bigger screen, micro-sd card, better shared file management, better app management, and a more powerful processing phone, then we may come back, but for now we are very satisfied.. For those losers that can't accept anybody owning any other brand, please don't waste my time and your time.. 

• Reply 42 of 53
    negafoxnegafox Posts: 480member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tzeshan View Post

You made a wrong observation.  The Android smartphones are putting the Blackberry out of business.  Look at the history of market share.  The iOS market increase steadily but not dramatically.  It is the Android smartphones that are taking market share from Blackberry and Nokia. 

That's crazy talk! A chart in a AI article yesterday showed that Blackberry will still hold ground in market share in 2016:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/12/06/06/idc_projects_windows_phone_to_surpass_apples_iphone_by_2016.html

Of course, Windows Phone will be kicking ass by then, too.

• Reply 43 of 53

Quote:

Originally Posted by tzeshan View Post

You made a wrong observation.  The Android smartphones are putting the Blackberry out of business.  Look at the history of market share.  The iOS market increase steadily but not dramatically.  It is the Android smartphones that are taking market share from Blackberry and Nokia. 

My bad

• Reply 44 of 53
    ramsey07ramsey07 Posts: 3member

my neighbor's mother made $16059 last week. she is working on the computer and got a $509600 home. All she did was get blessed and follow the information shown on this site NUTTYR|CH.COM

• Reply 45 of 53
    aaarrrggghaaarrrgggh Posts: 1,609member
    aaarrrgggh wrote: »
    I long for my Blackberry when it comes to calendaring. Apple really screwed things up. Why things aren't synchronized between my Mac, iPad, and iPhone I cannot understand; they are all using the same gmail calendar...

It works just fine for me. You might want to check which calendar you are displaying.
    The problem is that some meeting invites (to be accepted) are only visible on the Mac. Some invites are automatically added to the calendar by Google, without an invite ever being seen as email. Some invites show up on the iPhone first, and are generally still available to other devices.

Supposedly, you can just eliminate iCloud for the calendar, but that seems to have quirks as well.
  • Reply 46 of 53

I have used iPhones and Android phones.  I like them both for very different reasons, and believe I will continue to like both as they each continue to make improvements and out do one another. And I despise BlackBerry phones, flat out hate 'em.  And for purposes of full disclosure, I am currently using an Android phone, while my wife and daughters are currently using iPhones, iPods, and an iPads. 

The issue I have with the article is the survey itself, not that I have a bias for one product or another, but I believe the survey was designed with an iPhone bias.  The survey summary groups Android and BlackBerry results together but fails to include Palm results even though all 3 products were independently assessed in the survey.  And curiously enough, Windows phones were not included in the survey (at least not specifically identified in the Smartphone category.)

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/06/07/now-38-of-iphone-sales-are-to-refugees-from-android-or-rim/

• Reply 47 of 53
    ericthehalfbeeericthehalfbee Posts: 4,486member

I think people are missing the point here. It's not how many Android vs BB users are switching. The study is showing that 38% of iPhone buyers came from another platform. Which kinda goes against the haters who state Apple only sells phones to their legion of "sheep" and the only reason new iPhones break sales records is old iPhone users upgrading.

• Reply 48 of 53
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Unless I am reading that chart wrong only 34% of iPhone 4S buyers had a previous iPhone. And 42% came from other smartphone platforms. That's remarkable at this late stage.
  • Reply 49 of 53
    negafoxnegafox Posts: 480member

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Unless I am reading that chart wrong only 34% of iPhone 4S buyers had a previous iPhone. And 42% came from other smartphone platforms. That's remarkable at this late stage.

I am thinking most of the iPhone upgrades take place when a new iPhone is release and after that it shifts towards converts from other platforms.  If I were due for a new iPhone right now, I would just wait until the next iPhone is released.

• Reply 50 of 53
    michael scripmichael scrip Posts: 1,916member
    Email on the Blackberry is pushed from Blackberry servers when it arrives instead of when my phone checks for mail every 15 minutes. My wife gets emails faster on her Blackberry than I get the same emails on my iPhone. Setting up email on the Blackberry is as simple as typing in the email address and password. Blackberry does the rest. My company tech support finally got email set up on my iPhone but I can only receive not send. BBM only works between Blackberrys but it is instant and even tells me when someone is typing. I can set up a group and send the same message to everyone at the same time. Call quality on the Blackberry is exceptional. Many times I thought the person on the other end had hung up because it was so quiet. The iPhone voice quality is poor. I also miss the keyboard. I have to text with one finger on the iPhone, but used two thumbs on the Blackberry easily.

It's easy to see why the iPhone is putting the Blackberry out of business. Apps and internet on the iPhone are comparable to my iMac especially on wifi. Blackberry's browser nearly is worthless. I guess the perfect solution is a 4g iPad and a Blackberry.

If you use Blackberries at work... with every employee using Blackberries and BBM... I can totally understand what you're saying.

But as a consumer platform... Blackberries are finished.

I have my Gmail set as "push" on my iPhone. I get emails on my iPhone faster than my desktop.

BBM was cool... until none of my friends used a Blackberry anymore. I have attached a photo below to explain.

In my small sample below... 0 out of 7 people chose another Blackberry the next time around.

Again... we're just normal consumers... not enterprise customers. So that might explain some of what happened.

• Reply 51 of 53
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Considering it's a big part of my day job, you'd be fired on the same day for thinking so around here and building a report from it.  But you're entitled to your own opinion. Keep in mind Neilson uses no less than 70,000 for the same study. 

Given your 'job' (not sure what it is, so I can't comment on its relevance) and your comment about Neilson [sic], let me humbly suggest that you learn about the types of questions being asked, sample homogeneity, stratified sampling and it's links to sample size.

You sound a bit confused.
  • Reply 52 of 53

Quote:

Originally Posted by OriginalG View Post

Agreed.

Also how many are switching away from iOS to Android?

The number was not statistically significant.

• Reply 53 of 53

Quote:

Originally Posted by randomreader View Post

I have used iPhones and Android phones.  I like them both for very different reasons, and believe I will continue to like both as they each continue to make improvements and out do one another. And I despise BlackBerry phones, flat out hate 'em.  And for purposes of full disclosure, I am currently using an Android phone, while my wife and daughters are currently using iPhones, iPods, and an iPads.

From the above I conclude that you have very intelligent wife and daughters. You, however, meh.

Quote:

The issue I have with the article is the survey itself, not that I have a bias for one product or another, but I believe the survey was designed with an iPhone bias.  The survey summary groups Android and BlackBerry results together but fails to include Palm results even though all 3 products were independently assessed in the survey

I see Palm on the chart...?

Quote:

And curiously enough, Windows phones were not included in the survey (at least not specifically identified in the Smartphone category.

That's because it won't be until later this year Microsoft will join the Smartphone party... I hear they are still digging a hole big enough to bury all those Kin phone. :-)

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/06/07/now-38-of-iphone-sales-are-to-refugees-from-android-or-rim/