Facebook App Center delivers a visible social network for iOS apps

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by wega58 View Post

Apple is nothing without Facebook and Tim Cook knows that.

Gosh dang it, nearly got grapefruit juice on my keyboard. Don't DO that! image

• Reply 22 of 31
    euphoniouseuphonious Posts: 303member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

And no, Apple doesn't need sociopath networking at all. 

'Sociopath networking'? I think you're struggling to see why Facebook could be important to Apple because you're projecting your own feelings on Facebook onto the issue. Apple may not 'need' social networking, but the very high levels of engagement which Facebook encourages in its users does make it an important property and a very natural partner for the manufacturer of a product like the iPhone whose users are mostly young and affluent.

• Reply 23 of 31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphonious View Post

'Sociopath networking'? I think you're struggling to see why Facebook could be important to Apple because you're projecting your own feelings on Facebook onto the issue.

Hardly. Can anyone honestly say that Apple "needs" Facebook?

• Reply 24 of 31
    wega58wega58 Posts: 11member

Quote:

Hardly. Can anyone honestly say that Apple "needs" Facebook?

Have you been living under a rock for the past couple years? Facebook second largest traffic generator on the web. Google already took half of smartphone market from Apple, Facebook will take the other half.

• Reply 25 of 31

Quote:

Have you been living under a rock for the past couple years? Facebook second largest traffic generator on the web.

Having what to do with Apple?

Quote:

Google already took half of smartphone market from Apple, Facebook will take the other half.

*yawn* I'm sorry, I just get bored when I hear the same crap incessantly for years without it ever coming true. Facebook. Make a phone. That's hilarious.

• Reply 26 of 31
    wega58wega58 Posts: 11member

Quote:

Having what to do with Apple?

*yawn* I'm sorry, I just get bored when I hear the same crap incessantly for years without it ever coming true. Facebook. Make a phone. That's hilarious.

Facebook owns half of mobile traffic you do not think they will have a phone? hhahahahhah go back to your rock.

• Reply 27 of 31

Quote:

Facebook owns half of mobile traffic you do not think they will have a phone? hhahahahhah go back to your rock.

Think what you will.

• Reply 28 of 31
    jason98jason98 Posts: 768member
    freerange wrote: »
    If only Facebook would go the way of flash... Keep this turd off my devices!

Exactly. Social graph is a cancer of society!
  • Reply 29 of 31
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    wega58 wrote: »
    Google already took half of smartphone market from Apple...

Except Apple never had all "of smartphone market", to have half taken from them.

FYI iPhone sales are still growing, which is all that really matters.
  • Reply 30 of 31
    jason98jason98 Posts: 768member

Quote:

Have you been living under a rock for the past couple years? Facebook second largest traffic generator on the web. Google already took half of smartphone market from Apple, Facebook will take the other half.

Rare combination for a troll: Facebook and Google all together.

• Reply 31 of 31
    macbook promacbook pro Posts: 1,605member

Quote:

The most interesting piece of information to me was besides Facebook App Center is the stats that Facebook released:

More than 230 million people play games on Facebook every month

More than 130 games on Facebook have more than 1 million monthly active users.

More than 4,500 timeline apps have launched since f8 in September 2011.

Facebook drove people to the Apple App Store 83 million times in May.

Facebook drove people to iOS apps 134 million times in May (someone who already has the app and is directed back to it from Facebook.)

As of May, seven of the top 10 grossing iOS apps and six of the top 10 Android apps have integrated with Facebook.

This is some eye-popping information considering Facebook maybe sending close to half of all the traffic that Apple app store gets.

Facebook app center is devastating blow to apple ecosystem

Quote:

Apple is nothing without Facebook and Tim Cook knows that. Apple been milking Facebook traffic for long time. Not anymore with Facebook app center, apple will take big hit. Half of the traffic comes from Facebook.

• You didn't refute or address any point I made

• What is the source of your data, please provide a hyperlink?

• The preceding data points make a nice presentation but the revenue model is insufficient for long term growth further complicated since

• Considering the history of social media, Facebook is almost certainly a fad; UseNet, GeoCities, The Globe, sixdegress.com, Friendster, MySpace all eventually toppled

• Please note from the story you either didn’t read or comprehend, “Facebook unveiled its App Center for web-based apps that integrate with the company's social network. "Rather than being a new competitor to Apple's iOS App Store however, the program is enabling iOS developers to leverage the benefits of a social graph” The vast majority of Apple's revenue is from hardware rather than than software and services as such, Apple isn't competing with Facebook despite the fact that Apple's software and services net sales were greater than Facebook's net profits

• Apple iPod was released on the iTunes Music Store on April 28, 2003, it has been the largest music vendor in the United States since April 2008, and the most popular music vendor in the world since February 24, 2010 as such, the iTunes App Store doesn't need Facebook as this is merely an extension of a highly successful model

• Facebook wasn’t relevant until April 19, 2008, when Facebook overtook Myspace 

• This is some eye-popping information considering that Apple produces $646 per iPhone and $558 per iPad while Facebook produces $4.39 per user