Pentagon file on Steve Jobs reveals 1975 arrest over speeding ticket

Comments

• Reply 21 of 47

Yeah I really chalk this story up as a "Who gives a flying f*ck".  Steve Jobs, like all of us, did things in their past that they either were proud of or ashamed of...  Steve Jobs, unlike most of us, made a notable contribution on this planet. He's revered by many, despised by many, emulated by others and mocked by a few. As a substantial Mac "fanboy", I will have whatever opinion I have regardless if the man ate baby kittens for lunch...  As an Apple stockholder, I find this story and the timing of the story to be an attempt to deflect or manipulate the stock market and or at most..the planned events of the day.  Its clear by the number of those who've also commented, we just don't care & don't need to be reminded that there are those who wish to piss off the loyal user base of the most committed and profitable company on the face of the earth.

• Reply 22 of 47

Yeah I really chalk this story up as a "Who gives a flying f*ck".  Steve Jobs, like all of us, did things in their past that they either were proud of or ashamed of...  Steve Jobs, unlike most of us, made a notable contribution on this planet. He's revered by many, despised by many, emulated by others and mocked by a few. As a substantial Mac "fanboy", I will have whatever opinion I have regardless if the man ate baby kittens for lunch...  As an Apple stockholder, I find this story and the timing of the story to be an attempt to deflect or manipulate the stock market and or at most..the planned events of the day.  Its clear by the number of those who've also commented, we just don't care & don't need to be reminded that there are those who wish to piss off the loyal user base of the most committed and profitable company on the face of the earth.

• Reply 23 of 47
    superdxsuperdx Posts: 67member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj.yuan View Post

Only $50 for a speeding tickets in 1975 in CA? This is a bargain. It would cost at least $200 today, I believe. Maybe we make 4 times as much?

It's called inflation. I believe they teach it in high school :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation

• Reply 24 of 47
    tjwaltjwal Posts: 404member

Quote:

Originally Posted by haar View Post

so why did the late Steve Jobs need a Top Secret Clearance for?... in 1988?... installing a back-door in every mac computer?... subconscious messages imbedded into the pixar movies?... access to alien technology to be incorporated into the Apple products?...

Quote from a Feb AI article "Jobs was considered for appointment to the President's Export Council by the George H.W. Bush administration in 1991".

I don't know if the 1988 investigation had anything to do with that or not though.

• Reply 25 of 47
    povilaspovilas Posts: 473member

You, so called journalists, have no shame.

• Reply 26 of 47
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

He was arrested over a speeding ticket. 

He also changed how we think about and use technology several times over. 

Does anyone care about the speeding ticket?

• Reply 27 of 47
    ankleskaterankleskater Posts: 1,287member

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Is it right to publish Steve's SSN?

Why not, given his SINs are also known?

• Reply 28 of 47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Povilas View Post

You, so called journalists, have no shame.

Oh, big deal. It's unimportant and irrelevant. But hardly shameful.

• Reply 29 of 47

Some of you are reacting as if something really private had been revealed. Does this really change anyone's perception of Jobs?

• Reply 30 of 47
    boriscletoboriscleto Posts: 159member

Quote:

Originally Posted by nht View Post

Pixar.  The Pixar Image Computer was one of their primary products and was sold to various three letter agencies.

Jobs was out of Apple in 88.

And NeXT. 

• Reply 31 of 47
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Show the dead more respect than you did when he was living.

Just becaused Wired etc lack respect and posted this tripe doesn't mean every one else has to lack class
  • Reply 32 of 47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankleskater View Post

Oh, big deal. It's unimportant and irrelevant. But hardly shameful.

Unimportant and irrelevant to the point it needs to be published. Yeah ...

• Reply 33 of 47
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post

I read this and now I feel dirty... Ick....

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe28753 View Post

... I read a few pages but just felt really dirty. ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by donw35 View Post

agreed, this ... is inappropriate IMO.

I get how this isn't exactly big news, but someone explain to me how this is "dirty?"  I mean WTF?  

Reading about someone's traffic tickets makes you feel "dirty"??????  You are all insane. 

• Reply 34 of 47
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    nht wrote: »
    Pixar.  The Pixar Image Computer was one of their primary products and was sold to various three letter agencies.

Jobs was out of Apple in 88.

I thought he was requested to be on a Presidential advisory board at the time. Or is that the wrong time frame?

Edit: That was an FBI background check, probably two or three years later:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danbigman/2012/02/09/inside-the-file-what-the-fbi-uncovered-about-steve-jobs/

http://applenapps.com/apple_news/fbi-releases-background-check-of-steve-jobs-for-presidential-appointment-in-1991.html
  • Reply 35 of 47
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

I get how this isn't exactly big news, but someone explain to me how this is "dirty?"  I mean WTF?  

Reading about someone's traffic tickets makes you feel "dirty"??????  You are all insane. 

I get it. It's completely ridiculous just like the people trying to find this story.

• Reply 36 of 47
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Yikes! So who gets to judge what can be written about an important person posthumously? I think it's everything or nothing. There is no middle ground when it comes to the facts.

If this article has been falsified then by all means crucify AI but until such time as someone has proof that such a thing as happened then all stories, regardless of the light it places the subject or how it much it humanizes one of our idols, are fair game.
  • Reply 37 of 47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Povilas View Post

Unimportant and irrelevant to the point it needs to be published. Yeah ...

No, it didn't need to be published. But there is also no need to castigate it as some kind of shameful article.

• Reply 38 of 47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

No kidding, eh? You'd think this was some serious dirt that completely changes our understanding of the universe.

• Reply 39 of 47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankleskater View Post

No, it didn't need to be published. But there is also no need to castigate it as some kind of shameful article.

The point i’m trying to make here is that these journalists … their state is like one of a drug addict. Do you really think they think clearly before posting anything. I think iPhone 4 and Gizmodo example is enough. And then it comes back to bite them in the ass. Anyone cares to know how many times i used LSD while speeding?

• Reply 40 of 47
    dickprinterdickprinter Posts: 1,060member

This is very, very upsetting. I feel it should have been Steve Jobs' fiduciary duty to disclosed such a horrible and heinous offense when he returned and assumed the role of CEO. If I would have known of this infraction I would never have invested in AAPL back in the '90's when it was @ $4.25 a share......effectively risking my hard-earned money on some criminal.

/sarcasm