Apple unveils new MacBook Air with up to 2.0GHz CPUs, 512GB storage

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu View Post

Also noticed that the magsafe2 will only charge the battery when the notebook is off or in sleep mode. It won't charge whilst you're using it. The current magsafe versions do charge whilst the notebook is in use. (confirmed by text on the shop entries for the old v new magsafe adapters)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alonso Perez View Post

If so, that would make no sense at all and would be a real pain to deal with. Thing is, I don't see where you got this from. Can you point to a spec?

So far as I can tell, the only difference for MagSafe 2 is the physical size of the port. Electrical specs should be exactly the same, as there is even a MagSafe to MagSafe 2 adapter.

Have no fear... This power adapter recharges the lithium polymer battery while the system is off, on, or in sleep mode. It also powers the system if you choose to operate without a battery.

Compatible only with MacBook Air featuring MagSafe 2 power port.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD592

• Reply 22 of 24
    ssquirrelssquirrel Posts: 1,196member

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienMcKenna View Post

The important question: will they play Diablo3?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash_beezy View Post

Urghh enough of the diablo hype...it's Soo boring....

1) Of course they will.  My wife's only computer at teh moment is the 2011 13" MBA and she plays D3 w/no problems.

2) So don't play it.  It was a reasonable question, given Blizzard's tendency to make their games playable on a wide swath of computer equipment.

• Reply 23 of 24

Your title is incorrect. Max Ghz you can get on the new line are 1.7 Ghz i7 with TurboBoost to 3.3 Ghz and not 2.0 Ghz as you stated. Previous line had a max of 2.0 Ghz i7 with a 3.2 Ghz Turbo Boost 

• Reply 24 of 24
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Your title is incorrect. Max Ghz you can get on the new line are 1.7 Ghz i7 with TurboBoost to 3.3 Ghz and not 2.0 Ghz as you stated. Previous line had a max of 2.0 Ghz i7 with a 3.2 Ghz Turbo Boost 

This thread was about the previous line, it's dated 2012.