iMovie updated to support Apple's Retina display MacBook Pro

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Apple on Tuesday updated its consumer video editing application iMovie to version 9.0.6, adding support for the new Retina display next-generation MacBook Pro.

The updated iMovie is now available (iTunes link) for download in the Mac App Store. In addition to enhancements for the MacBook Pro Retina display, it also includes general stability and compatibility improvements.

The 1.26 gigabyte download also adds language support for Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Greek, Hungarian, Romanian, Slovak, Thai, Turkish and Ukranian. It requires OS X 10.7.4 or later.

iMovie joins a host of other applications that were also updated with Retina display support on Monday, New versions of Final Cut Pro, Aperture and iPhoto were rolled out to accommodate the new high-resolution screen on Apple's next-generation MacBook Pro.

iMovie

Also on Tuesday, Apple issued an update for the new MacBook Pro with Retina display in the form of "Trackpad Update 1.0." The 1.26 megabyte download addresses an issue where the trackpad may not respond consistently to user input. It is recommended for all MacBook Pro with Retina display notebooks.

Another update for the Retina display MacBook Pro was issued by Apple on Monday, named "Software UPdate 1.0." That 1.06 gigabyte download includes fixes that improve graphics stability, external display support, and USB 3 device support.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

It's 1.35 GB for me. And since random sizes based on the computer you're using have been the norm for years, maybe stop reporting the size in articles… image

Off topic (but it showed up at the same time), I love that Aperture and iPhoto are sharing libraries now.

• Reply 2 of 4
    kingronkingron Posts: 4member

1.35Gb is a large proportion of the available Flash Space.... Given it's cost this is a concern. 

• Reply 3 of 4
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingron View Post

1.35Gb is a large proportion of the available Flash Space.... Given it's cost this is a concern. 

That's not how updates work. They replace existing files, not add them.

• Reply 4 of 4
    gdmediagdmedia Posts: 6member

I tried to download this update via "Software Updates" several times but it would never install.  A dialogue box told me the file was corrupted.  The other three updates I had coming, including the iTunes and Airports updates, installed just fine when I downloaded them separately.  When I tried to update iMovie through iMovie itself, it told me that the version I have -- 9.0.4 -- is the latest.  (But it's not, apparently.) 

i5 iMac.  OSX v. 10.7.4.