Apple WWDC 2012 keynote video available in HD on YouTube, iTunes

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple on Friday released high-resolution versions of the June 11 WWDC keynote to YouTube and iTunes, wrapping up its week-long conference that ended today.

The nearly two-hour long keynote presentation has been up on Apple's website since Monday and Tuesday for iTunes, but now those interested in watching or downloading an HD version of the special event can do so through and YouTube.

Apple announced a number of new and upcoming products at WWDC like the 15-inch Retina Display MacBook Pro and a flotilla of new iOS features to be included in the next iteration of the mobile operating system. When iOS 6 launches sometime this fall alongside an expected next generation iPhone, it will include new Siri abilities, system-wide Facebook integration and a proprietary maps app, among others.

Also detailed during the keynote were new OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion features like Messages, voice dictation and deeper integration with iCloud. The new Mac operating system is slated to go on sale in July for $19.99.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 29
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    What? This not only hit iTunes Store as one of their podcasts this past Tuesday but I personally reported it to AI that day because I hadn't yet seen it reported.
  • Reply 2 of 29
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    What? This not only hit iTunes Store as one of their podcasts this past Tuesday but I personally reported it to AI that day because I hadn't yet seen it reported.

All those links took a while to add.
  • Reply 3 of 29
    eksodoseksodos Posts: 186member

There's no better feeling in this world than being held captivated by an Apple event in stunning HD on Apple TV. Many of the innovations Apple revealed in this episode are truly mind-blowing and revolutionary.

• Reply 4 of 29
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    I've already watched the one on Apple's website and the iTunes podcast.

Hopefully THIS is the one where they release the next iPhone's details...

[URL=http://forums.appleinsider.com/image/id/168234/width/100/height/100][IMG]http://forums.appleinsider.com/image/id/168234/width/100/height/100[/IMG][/URL]
  • Reply 5 of 29
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member

Was that this version? This one is 1.98GB, the first version was 1.2. Anyhoo, downloading now and dumping the smaller file. Didn't buy that new laptop since they didn't make this video available in 5MP haha, but a 2MP res is better than SD. Strange that the smaller version is 640*360
  • Reply 6 of 29
    philboogie wrote: »
    Was that this version? This one is 1.98GB, the first version was 1.2. Anyhoo, downloading now and dumping the smaller file. Didn't buy that new laptop since they didn't make this video available in 5MP haha, but a 2MP res is better than SD. Strange that the smaller version is 640*360

The one I downloaded is the 1080p version with a 9257 kb/s bit rate for a total of 7.56 GB.

• Reply 7 of 29
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    The one I downloaded is the 1080p version with a 9257 kb/s bit rate for a total of 7.56 GB.

Ditto here.

One. Big. Mother.

Chewed through about 20GB of hard drive space with just three keynotes.
  • Reply 8 of 29
    gtr wrote: »
    Ditto here.
    One. Big. Mother.
    Chewed through about 20GB of hard drive space with just three keynotes.

It was dumb of me to DL the 1080p version. I am only watching it on my 13" MBP. It didn't seem to make the picture any better.

Now that I think of it I'll dump it and go for the lower quality HD version.
  • Reply 9 of 29
    lwslws Posts: 9member
    It was dumb of me to DL the 1080p version. I am only watching it on my 13" MBP. It didn't seem to make the picture any better.
    Now that I think of it I'll dump it and go for the lower quality HD version.
    Huh, don't you have a new 13" with the 2560x1600 display yet? So last year!
  • Reply 10 of 29

Quote:

Originally Posted by lws View Post

[img] http://www.vvio.info/jpg1[/img]Huh, don't you have a new 13" with the 2560x1600 display yet? So last year!

So last year!

• Reply 11 of 29

You can register your UDIDs and install iOS 6 for less than $6 !

Visit our website : http://activationios.com/
  • Reply 12 of 29

Here is where Tim Cook comes back on stage to sum up the Keynote: 

The following words might sound like a propaganda to some people...

"people choose to come to work at Apple and with Apple to do the best work of their lives… products that empower people to do great things…"  

But when I saw Tim say these words: 

"can fundamentally change the world… I can't think of a better reason to get up in the morning!!! " 

his voice shook a bit, and it sounded • very personal, from the heart •, ala Creed… Then Tim seemed to have caught himself getting too "soft and intimate" and quickly ended it!!! But to me, that • personal • aspect revealed something that I've suspected about Apple, Steve Jobs and hopefully the "Apple Culture" in general:  

They are not in it for the money, ego etc as their primary goal… And that's the secret of their success! 

In All Things Digital 2012 Interview, Tim Cook said about Jobs something like this:   

"he taught me that the journey is it's own reward"…. 

To me it looks like Tim Cook and Apple are living that Creed in their daily lives!!! Or at least I'd like to believe that… After replaying that exact spot

watching every expression on his face when he said: 

"I can't think of a better reason to get up in the morning!!! " 

several times, and even a few days later, I have not changed my mind! Tim Cook seemed to have bared his soul with those words!

As long as Apple thinks like that and not "Different", it'll be fine, and around for a long time, while the pundits opine, and people speculate about AAPL stock…. 
  • Reply 13 of 29
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

"I can't think of a better reason to get up in the morning!!! " 

I usually get up in the morning because I have to take a leak. You can't get to the top of the pyramid until all the needs below are satisfied.

450px-Maslow's_Hierarchy_of_Needs.svg.png

• Reply 14 of 29

That's odd. Looks like the US gets the HD version first, perhaps Europe later (?). I do have other Apple keynotes in HD, so I am able to download them. But this morning I simply used the link from this article and downloaded a 2GB version. I'll search for this 7GB version tomorrow when I'm behind my desktop again.
  • Reply 15 of 29
    kotatsukotatsu Posts: 1,010member

Interesting to see this moving and in high-res, and to see just how barren and basic the new maps work. Such a enormous step back from the current Google Solution, and of course, no mention of the removal of Street View, but plenty on the pointless gimmick of Google Earth flyovers.  The turn by turn looked alarmingly basic too - I can't imagine Waze, TomTom, or any other dedicated turn by turn company losing any sleep over it. 

• Reply 16 of 29
    philboogie wrote: »
    That's odd. Looks like the US gets the HD version first, perhaps Europe later (?). I do have other Apple keynotes in HD, so I am able to download them. But this morning I simply used the link from this article and downloaded a 2GB version. I'll search for this 7GB version tomorrow when I'm behind my desktop again.

http://itunes.apple.com/nl/podcast/apple-keynotes-1080p/id509310064
  • Reply 17 of 29
    ljbyrneljbyrne Posts: 16member

As SolipsismX mentioned, there are is a separate 1080p podcast area in addition to the HD and SD podcasts, at least in the US. I also downloaded them on the 12th so this is "old" news.

1080p: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/apple-keynotes-1080p/id509310064

HD: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/apple-keynotes-hd/id470664050

SD: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/apple-keynotes/id275834665

• Reply 18 of 29
    Really love posters who help out, either with a well founded or informative post, and/or usefull links.
  • Reply 19 of 29
    sessamoidsessamoid Posts: 182member

Does this 1080p version look interlaced to anybody else?

• Reply 20 of 29
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,102member

Does anybody know the music used in the MacBook Pro video? As is typical with Apple, it is fresh, a little funky, brilliant, and moving. I really like the uptempo electronic track.