iMovie crashes after latest Mac update

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 41
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,388moderator
    lolarose wrote: »
    It just goes to a white screen with the apple logo and the loading wheel and that's it. I tried pressing shift before pressing power but that didn't make much difference. It said that the problem was with /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DataDetectorsCore.framework so I moved this file to trash. It didn't help so I tried to return it but it wouldn't go back.

It was just the cache files you were supposed to delete. The framework is a needed system component. I assume you couldn't empty the trash. If so, try repairing it using the following steps:

boot up holding command-s. This takes you to a black screen with a command-line.
    type in the following commands and hit return after each line. You can hit tab to autocomplete the lines and this helps verify it's typed correctly - (edit: put your username in where it says lola, I forgot when you're in single user mode, ~ doesn't go to your home folder):

mount -uw /
    mv /Users/lola/.Trash/DataDetectorsCore.framework /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
    reboot

If you managed to empty trash and get rid of the framework, you'll have to recover your system using the Recovery mode, which you get to by holding command-R. You can then reinstall your OS. Reinstalling won't affect your data.