Some Apple stores reportedly planning store-wide meetings next week

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 38
    markbyrnmarkbyrn Posts: 661member
    Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 9:00 a.m. Pacific time, June 24th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug
  • Reply 22 of 38
    iansilviansilv Posts: 283member
    NEW IPHONE UNVEIL THIS IS IT!!!!!!!

Yeah boy!!!
  • Reply 23 of 38
    ephefeiephefei Posts: 1member
    Chanle, a brand which represents the fashion and quality is so amazing that almost every fashionable people want to own at least one version from it. Handbags, outfits, wallets, belts and scarves, Chanel attributes the fashion industry through all these fabulous items and makes our life more interesting and luxurious.As one of the most significant collection, Chanel handbags have already become the popular accessories for men and women who love trendy style. With the classic double “C” logo and marvelous design, these handbags satisfy many costumers all over the world. Chanel offers us a variety of handbags which can give us different enjoyments. If you like the handbag which has large size, the Chanel Messenger Replica Handbags, Chanel Tote handbags and Chanel Diaper Replica Handbags may be your best choice. When you go shopping and you are tired of the plastic bag or bucket, you can give yourself a luxurious experience with the Chanel Shopping handbags which have enough room and top-class materials. As for Chanel Cambon Replica Handbags, personally, I think that is the must-have accessory for women who love to follow the chic and modern styles. Another two classic handbags are chanel Flap Replica Handbags and Chanel Coco Replica Handbags which are pretty elegant and will fully enhance women’s dignity. Chanel Shoulder Handbags are also attractive with such fantastic colors. Whether you are a party girl, you must need the sexy and gorgeous Chanel Evening Handbags and Chanel purses which definitely can show your elegance and status. Moreover, the Chanel wallets are the basic accessory for daily life. Various sizes and styles, such as Replica Chanel Long Wallets, Chanel Middle Wallets and Replica Chanel Short Wallets absolutely can meet your different requirements. As one of the most popular watch collection, Chanel J12 replica watches collection is very famous among women who are elegant. Sophisticated design and fantastic style bring a luxurious atmosphere. No doubt that such gorgeous Replica Chanel J12 watches definitely can show women’s unique and trendy taste. Have these Chanel versions and you will have a more luxurious and interesting life.
  • Reply 24 of 38
    vangauxvangaux Posts: 2member
    While these meetings are regular, they also provide plausible deniability. Consider this, the latest version of OSX and iOS have been announced at WWDC which makes Apple perfectly poised for an iPhone 5 introduction timed for fall.

Also consider THIS, there were late-nights at the Apple Store one week before WWDC which were accompanied by technician visits...

then we hear about this.

Given the fact that NO modern theatre lacks projection or IT facilities, I find it interesting regarding the comment about "video" support. Perhaps they mean SATELLITE CONNECTIONS, ergo, the ability to demonstrate a smart television that can interface with multiple signal sources!

I also ponder if they may be phasing pro Mac systems into build-to-order only which would reduce the amount of retail space allocated to Pro desktop systems which just so happens to be the right amount of real estate to display a few large television sets.

By introducing television sets Apple will have transitioned to a smart electronics boutique as it extricates itself even further from pro computing and towards fashion tech for the masses. Its a major commitment and cultural shift once Apple starts selling televisions in their retail stores, and something's gotta give unless they lease larger stores.

But all things considered, between the lackadaisical pro Mac refresh and the emphasis on OSX and iOS I think this is becoming a possibility.
  • Reply 25 of 38
    pedromartinspedromartins Posts: 1,333member

Are you guys going to update as soon as ML is out?

isn't it "smarter" to wait for the first 10.8.1 update?

i have a 2011 macbook air i7, should i update or keep lion? every time i updated when i had a windows hp, the computer lost performance. i do not want it to happen.

• Reply 26 of 38

Quote:

Browett formerly served as the CEO at European retailer Dixon's

Dixons? As in DSG International? As in the chain of electronics retailers who also own PC World and Currys who currently have the worst customer service imaginable?

I suddenly feel ill.

• Reply 27 of 38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Chairs will be broken...Monkeys will dance... 

One chair will be broken, Balmer will dance for Apple.

FTFY. image

• Reply 28 of 38
    calfotocalfoto Posts: 70member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Could you explain that to me? Are you saying that my @me.com email will stop working on July 1st? Considering it's the same domain used for iCloud I have a strong suspicion that will not be the case. What you're confused by is that the last paid MobileMe subscriber holdouts will be rolled into free iCloud users.

I'm not saying it, it's what Apple says via email to MobileMe users who haven't made the switch to iCloud...

MobileMe ends June 30.

You must take action before June 30, 11:59 PM PDT

?to keep your email working.

If you need further explanation I'd suggest stopping by the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store - Probably best to go before July 1st though...

• Reply 29 of 38
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    iansilv wrote: »
    NEW IPHONE UNVEIL THIS IS IT!!!!!!!
    Yeah boy!!!

No. :lol:
    wrong quote

The people that tell themselves that certainly like to pretend it's the case.

And now i can't find the post that should have been quoted with that…
  • Reply 30 of 38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

The people that tell themselves that certainly like to pretend it's the case.

Sorry but i did not understand.

• Reply 31 of 38
    Sorry but i did not understand.

lolwut? Sorry, I didn't quote your post. No idea how that showed up…
  • Reply 32 of 38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

lolwut? Sorry, I didn't quote your post. No idea how that showed up…

but now that we are at it..

can you answer?

• Reply 33 of 38
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    calfoto wrote: »
    I'm not saying it, it's what Apple says via email to MobileMe users who haven't made the switch to iCloud...

[SIZE=18px]MobileMe ends June 30.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=18px]You must take action before June 30, 11:59 PM PDT[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=18px]?to keep your email working.[/SIZE]

If you need further explanation I'd suggest stopping by the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store - Probably best to go before July 1st though...

And this "action" is surely difficult to take, right? Surely it's more daunting than Thunderdome. And I assume Apple hasn't made it clear not informed users of the "action" they must take. If only Apple had given them more a year's notice or informed them through some sort of electronic mail service. But how would Apple actually do any of that?

Bottom line: Anyone who uses MobileMe mail who isn't aware of the change gets no pity and you're making this out to be bigger than it is.

PS: Remember, you said it was af act they will have athousand people per day in each store completely unaware that their MM service is ending.
  • Reply 34 of 38
    but now that we are at it..
    can you answer?

BAH! Just the wrong part of that quote! I was right. :lol:

Okay, yes, the people who like to pretend that waiting is a better idea certainly think it's a better idea, but there isn't anything wrong with getting a new release of OS X on launch day. If you have applications that you think might be questionable, hold off until you can read reports from other people about compatibility, but only hold off until that application is updated. I and millions of others have never had a problem with launch day installs.
  • Reply 35 of 38
    bwinskibwinski Posts: 164member

Wow!!! SOME of their stores could use a wrecking ball and a do over!!!

I'll tell you a brief story that happened to me over the weekend, then YOU decide if it's seduction or something a little more on the order of forced assault...

I set about to upgrade my mid-2009 MBP memory on Friday... I went on the Apple web site to make sure I knew what the right memories were. Although a bit more expensive than the masses (although a lot cheaper than two years ago), I identified the correct memories... Although not available in my local Apple store, it WAS 'in stock' at a retail store a few miles north of me. Trying to be a rational customer, I called Apple Care and asked them how I should approach this OR if I had to do it myself.. They assured me that not only could I pick up the memories at Apple retail store identified with them in stock, the store 'Genius Bar' would be happy to install them as well.. I thought - GREAT... So I called the store, made an appointment with the 'Genius Bar' for the next morning and went off to snooze the night away.

I arrived at the Apple retail store the next morning at the appointed time.. IMMEDIATELY, the 'Genius' told me that they would ABSOLUTELY NOT sell me the 'old' memories that they usually didn't keep around in the store (I was told the Apple web site saying they had the inventory was a fluke), but that they would ABSOLUTELY NOT install anything for an  'upgrade' on an existing product unless it was at time of purchase. (caught me a bit off guard since I had been told BY APPLE exactly the opposite). 

As I was leaving the store empty-handed, it struck me that I could order, AND PICK UP, the memories I was going to have to install myself at the store I was already in. So in the front of the store, I whipped out my MBP, ordered the memory that the web site said was "In stock" at the retail store I was in, for in-store pickup. I waited ten minutes and went back to the same "Genius Bar' that I was basically kicked out of, and with a much nicer store assistant, picked up my memory (IN AN APPLE BOX WITH MY NAME ON IT) at the same "Genius Bar'. The 'Genius' that all but told me to get out of his store watched as the transaction went down with a look of disdain on his face. I guess it was overkill for me to 'flash' the memory box, IN AN APPLE BOX WITH MY NAME ON IT, at the 'Genius' as I left.

Installing the memory in the 'old' (early Jan. 2012 and BEFORE) is rather easy. Although getting the impossibly small phillips screws out of the bottom is a challenge. AND, finding the correct, #00 Phillips, to actually take the screws OUT! But I did the memory upgrade AND found the tool at Home Depot... $2.11 including California Sales Tax....

Ahh the perils of being an Apple Fan boy sometimes are trying...

• Reply 36 of 38
    kdeamkdeam Posts: 2member

can confirm that this event is indeed scheduled July 23–27, 2012 

Screen shot 2012-06-18 at 19.20.21.png

• Reply 37 of 38

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

Apple corporate doesn't trust the retail channel to keep secrets and they are right.  

Basic "need to know" policy. The fewer people that know a secret, the easier it is to keep it.

• Reply 38 of 38

Here is an interesting pattern some might want to note.

Apple "all hands meeting" sometime between Feb22-Feb25

Ipad 3 launch date March 7th. 

Apple "all hands meeting" May 22nd.  

rMBP launch date June 11th.

Apple "all hands meeting" June 24th

iMac launch date ??July??(with or prior to an already announced OS update)

All this talk of "apple doesn't hold all hands meeting prior to product launch" is complete bologna.