Australian judge approves $2.3M fine against Apple for 4G iPad marketing

13»

Comments

  • Reply 41 of 45
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,989member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post


    Yes of course it works, you are just trying to come up with more lame excuses for Apple. Telstra do sell 4G phones that work on 4G in THIS country.


     


    Please for the love of God, get out of the sales business! You have zero clue what you are on about.


     


    Actually tell us all where you work so I can come in and humiliate you in front of all your colleagues for not understanding the most basic of consumer law in this country. You will be exposed for the fool you are.



     


    It works the same way as an iPad works, you go to a place with a compatible network and it works on "4G" exactly as advertised that's because there is a "4G" compatible hardware chip built in.


     


    btw which definition does Telstra's "4G" claim use in the extremely limited parts of the earth where it's available?


     


    Here's the New iPad label, it still describes compatible networks, the only thing that changed was the "4G" symbol and it will magically become "4G" compatible after the 700MHz spectrum auction in Australia next year.


     


     


    IMG_5294.JPG

  • Reply 42 of 45
    fredaroonyfredaroony Posts: 619member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post


     


    It works the same way as an iPad works, you go to a place with a compatible network and it works on "4G" exactly as advertised that's because there is a "4G" compatible hardware chip built in.


     


    btw which definition does Telstra's "4G" claim use in the extremely limited parts of the earth where it's available?


     


    Here's the New iPad label, it still describes compatible networks, the only thing that changed was the "4G" symbol and it will magically become "4G" compatible after the 700MHz spectrum auction in Australia next year.


     


     


    IMG_5294.JPG



    Yeah ok lol. In your fantasy world this is true about as much and fairies and unicorns.

  • Reply 43 of 45
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    fredaroony wrote: »
    Yeah ok lol. In your fantasy world this is true about as much and fairies and unicorns.

    Everything he's stated has been factual and clear. He's made no attempt to use tricky or confusion language. As you can see in the image it still list LTE with 700/2100MHz frequencies which still do not work in Australia.
  • Reply 44 of 45
    fredaroonyfredaroony Posts: 619member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post





    Everything he's stated has been factual and clear. He's made no attempt to use tricky or confusion language. As you can see in the image it still list LTE with 700/2100MHz frequencies which still do not work in Australia.


    The Australian government doesn't agree and Apple has now corrected their labelling in many countries but yeah he is correct lolololol. 

  • Reply 45 of 45
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    fredaroony wrote: »
    The Australian government doesn't agree and Apple has now corrected their labelling in many countries but yeah he is correct lolololol. 

    So if he's incorrect then, and the Australian government won't allow Apple to list that it is capable of LTE on supported networks of 700/2100MHz then why does it very clearly state LTE?
Sign In or Register to comment.