Retina display image retention reported by new MacBook Pro owners

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43

Quote:

Originally Posted by freshh20 View Post

Is the Retina shipping delay an issue with high demand or more of an issue of Retina Display Production Yield. I think the later.

To pick the later is to ignore the fact that there was no shipping delay on the first day, 1 - 2 week shipping delay on the second, and then finally a 3 - 4 week shipping delay on the third day. If the later is true, then Apple lied about shipping times on the first two days. If the first is true, then the sudden increase in delays support it. Further support will show that when demand decreases, so will the shipping delay.

Point being that to think there's not a high demand for one of the best laptops on the market is ridiculous. So I say the reason for the delay is both reasons you posted. If you choose the first, you're an Apple fanboy, if you choose the later, you're an Apple hater. Please stop trolling.

• Reply 42 of 43

I have developed a small aplication to test the image retention problem in a measurable way. It allows also to get the display model code.

You can download it at the following url:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1jwh6o6ql1wmiww

A unified test for image retention allows to:

• Track the problem during time, since the level of retention seems to increase as time passes;

• Compare the entity of the problem with other users, in order to realize the defect entity and decide to swap or not the unit, evaluating the probability to receive a macbook with a better display.

• Reply 43 of 43

Quote:

Originally Posted by giga82 View Post

I have developed a small aplication to test the image retention problem in a measurable way. It allows also to get the display model code.

You can download it at the following url:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1jwh6o6ql1wmiww

A unified test for image retention allows to:

• Track the problem during time, since the level of retention seems to increase as time passes;

• Compare the entity of the problem with other users, in order to realize the defect entity and decide to swap or not the unit, evaluating the probability to receive a macbook with a better display.

Fucking AWESOME man! this is SO awesome holy shit, I love you man.