Samsung fails to convince court to stay Galaxy Tab injunction

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    jragosta wrote: »
    It gave Samsung a foothold in the market that they would otherwise not have had. Once market share is lost, it's extremely difficult to recover it later.

What proof do you have of that? Do you really think anyone purchased a Galaxy Tab by mistake because it looked like a iPad? Or simply because it was one of the better Android tablets? Did allegedly violating the patents make the Tab a much more attractive tablet than the Xoom?
  • Reply 42 of 44
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    It's very clear that Samsung's copycat tactics have clearly given it a leg up in the Android-based market. Samsung is the only such vendor that is thriving and most of them aren't even in the black at all. Regardless of how one feels about their ethics their stealing of Apple's IP has clearly been highly profitable and has given them a production-level understanding of how to build superior handsets that other Android-based vendors can't match.

I would say it's the other handset makers ineptitude that allowed Samsung to take over. With the Droid, Motorola had a decent hit and should've continued on a path upward, but then came a slew of garbage phones one after another. They should've stayed with high end devices and it seems like now with the RAZR MAXX they've learned their lesson. I've had Moto phones for most of my adult life and they've always served me well. It's the one company other than Apple that i want to see do well, one for nostalgic reasons and two because they're the only other "American" manufacturer.
  • Reply 43 of 44
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    I would say it's the other handset makers ineptitude that allowed Samsung to take over. With the Droid, Motorola had a decent hit and should've continued on a path upward, but then came a slew of garbage phones one after another. They should've stayed with high end devices and it seems like now with the RAZR MAXX they've learned their lesson. I've had Moto phones for most of my adult life and they've always served me well. It's the one company other than Apple that i want to see do well, one for nostalgic reasons and two because they're the only other "American" manufacturer.

There is certainly argument to be made that the others simply did a piss poor job of making Android-based handsets.
  • Reply 44 of 44

Xoom, the next Zune which zucked