Widescreen 17inch Flatpanel at MWNY?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    prestonpreston Posts: 219member
    Boy, a 17" widescreen iMac....

well I would of course HAVE to buy it.

That would save me some money over a PowerMac....

sigh

so torn.... i kind of want a powermac

sigh

4am and this is what i do
  • Reply 22 of 24
    bernardbernard Posts: 59member
    [quote]Originally posted by apple.otaku:

<strong>I think its pretty obvious that they will be dropping the 22" display soon. It doesn't make sense to have both a 22" and 23" display in there.</strong><hr></blockquote>

NO- THE AMOUNT OF EXTRA PIXELS EQUALS A 1024X768 DISPLAY SO I WOULD SAY THERE IS A BIG GAP BETWEEN THE TWO.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    I too thought it unlikely that Apple would continue to sell both since those who can afford the 22, can afford (and probably could justify the need for) the 23. Even though the 23 is quite a bit more costly than the 22, both of them are so far out of consumer range that you can't likely sell that many 22's to people who really wanted the 23 but couldn't afford/justify it. Both, though, are very competitive compared to other BIG LCDs on the market -- strange since the 15 and 17 are both vastly OVER-priced.

Then again, a thousand dollars is a big enough difference that a few who like a nice big display but don't need HD display capability, might get one just to treat their eyes nice.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    [quote]Originally posted by bernard:

<strong>

NO- THE AMOUNT OF EXTRA PIXELS EQUALS A 1024X768 DISPLAY SO I WOULD SAY THERE IS A BIG GAP BETWEEN THE TWO.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, but they could introduce a smaller and cheaper widescreen display at say a 19" or 20" size with the old 1600x1024 resolution. Bring that sucker down to $1999 or less.