Investors advised to own Apple stock ahead of June quarter earnings

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    gijoeinlagijoeinla Posts: 215member

Um, gee what about the good old ipad 2's sales.....?..  Duh.  I'm sure they've been great given the price point, heck I bought my 90 year old uncle a ipad 3 and my 87 year old Aunt one,  so that's two....lol

• Reply 22 of 23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post

Get into Apple before it runs up to $650, but don't expect much more than that.

Why $650?  What's so special about this point that makes it unlikely it will go much higher?  It wouldn't have anything to do with the all time high of $644, now would it?  Cause yow know, stocks don't go much higher than their all time highs, right? image

Quote:

A bomb can't make Apple's stock jump in this economy.  

Which economy?  The same economy which made it go from $79 to $600?

Quote:

Apple's share price will continue to stay disconnected from revenue, so no matter how much Apple makes, the share price won't move very much.

AAPL does tend to stick to a particular price point for a long time, seemingly defying earnings - but then eventually it does jump and correct itself.  Also P/E tends to contract over time, but now with a dividend, it should be tied much more to the earnings than it has been in the past.

Quote:

The hedge funds control Apple and they aren't going to just sit back and let Apple climb out of their controlling grasp.  They'll claim jobs data or Eurozone meltdown is what's holding Apple back while Apple is pulling in truckloads of cash.

Why would hedge funds not allow it to go up?  Why would they not want to take advantage of the run up?  I understand if they may be trying to drag it down so that they themselves can get back in at more attractive levels, but saying that anyone would be deliberately hold the stock down (if they even had the power to do so) just doesn't make any sense, unless they all were shorting AAPL and I can't imagine there's still enough AAPL shorts that are still wearing their ... shorts!

Quote:

Rockets to $910?!  That Munster is one hyper dude.  You just can't trust these analysts.  Many analysts are pumping Apple endlessly and the share price just sits at around $600 like a lump of wet oatmeal.  

They're not saying it will go to $900 immediately, just by this time next year.  These predictions aren't meant to be trusted either, they're just an educated guess based on several assumptions (their sales estimates are correct, the economy won't get much worse in the meantime, etc.).  It is of course no guarantee of anything, but predictions based on a hunch are certainly no better.

• Reply 23 of 23
    godzillagodzilla Posts: 156member

Munster is the man. By far one of the better AAPL "Analysts" to listen to if you're going to with any. He's usually spot on.... i.e he knows a winner when he sees one, doesn't let human politics muddle his views, and knows the obvious: AAPL is a fundamental easy pick, and is heading way up.