Case makers bet on taller 4" screen for Apple's next iPhone

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    jason98jason98 Posts: 768member

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolguy View Post

Thank god i bought samsung galaxy s3, i was always iphone lover but not anymore, they r falling behind big time, with the same UI year after year.

Congrats. You just need to stick a handle into it, and you will find your plastic shovel useful for for things like digging in a backyard, wiping floors, removing frost from a windshield, etc.

• Reply 22 of 27
    If you buy one of these stupid things, what are going to do with it? Stare at the empty space that is where your next phone is supposed to be? Pretend you have an invisible iPhone 5/6/4SS?
  • Reply 23 of 27
    coolguy wrote: »
    Thank god i bought samsung galaxy s3, i was always iphone lover but not anymore, they r falling behind big time, with the same UI year after year.

Right. Because progress = perpetually changing UI.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Ya!  Think of how successful a total changeover typically is- you know, like windows XP to Vista.  And think of the opposite of how terrible the change from Vista to 7 was- much like all the simple, mediocre OS X changes.  iOS 1 is just like changing OSX from tiger to Mountain Lion- you can't even tell the difference because there are so little changes.

• Reply 25 of 27
    coolguycoolguy Posts: 5member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

lack of innovation makes u repeat urself over and over again with a little tweak here or there, why people loved apple in the first place, whats the main reason , INNOVATION, we say apple changed the world and its true, though their devices was so limited, alot of basic stuff wasnt there, a simple copy and paste took apple a while to implement it, even a very simple thing like setting our music as ringtones apple wont allow that just to make u go and buy them, these r just a few examples crossed mu mind of a long list, that forced people to go and jailbreak ( look at the name jail-break), but still we stayed with apple coz we liked the new innovation apple brought to us, manipulating a device, browsing the internet with my fingers so easily, but that innovation is everywhere now, and as a consumer im looking at more ways to expand my experience with the phone, the freedom with my own phone, carriers tie us up with contracts and apple tie us up with limited software, even if its easy to use, its becoming boring, do u prefer an easy game or hard game, do u prefer to drive the easy automatic car or more challenging and u like the control of a manuel car, thats why i never buy locked phones and i wont buy apple again unless this have changed coz they dont have anything special now between their hands, Android is selling like cakes now 50M so far, not coz people hate apple, when i want to pay money and change my phone, i want something new, look, feel, customization, freedom, innovation, but selling my iphone 4 that i have for 2 years and get iphone 5 is a totally waste of money, id rather stick with my iphone 4. 

• Reply 26 of 27
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmsley View Post

Smart.  They have nothing to lose.  I'm sure they'll recoup costs based on demand for anything Apple related.  These cases are so cheap to design and make, they can easily tweak when the real specs come out.

Actually, molds are quite costly. And if they go ahead and manufacture before final specs are released, a manufacturer could lose millions.

• Reply 27 of 27
    jason98jason98 Posts: 768member

Quote:

Thank god i bought samsung galaxy s3...

Quote:

selling my iphone 4 that i have for 2 years and get iphone 5 is a totally waste of money, id rather stick with my iphone 4. 

Dude!