Inside OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion GM: Go Full Screen on any display

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 86
    z3r0z3r0 Posts: 238member

Well I'm still running Snow Leopard on 4 monitors and it works pretty well. No intention of going to Lion or Mountain Lion any time soon. Not a fan of all the iOS features that Apple is bringing over. iOS GUI and Mac OS X GUI should be separate. In any case what issues did you experience?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onhka View Post

I hesitate to use SIMBL-based bundle apps, Cinch is too limited and both problematic and/or complicating in our multi-monitor based environment. One set of three, but with four clusters it is just to too daunting to control comfortably and one I don't have time to babysit.

P.S. Tried them both out a couple of year(s?) ago. Issues arose every time I upgraded the OS, especially with Leopard and Snow Leopard. Not sure how well they work in Lion or now Mountain Lion and am not willing to step back.  

• Reply 82 of 86
    bsenkabsenka Posts: 799member
    fyngyrz wrote: »
    Right now (under Snow Leopard) full screen on Aperture works fine. All the various things going on within the other displays keep going on, and I can continue to work. Under the new OS, full screen blanks five of the six displays. I'd say that qualifies as something "taken away", such as 5/6ths of my working area.

Is that an accurate description of how it does work in Mountain Lion, or are you speculating? If it is, I'd say that does qualify as taking away an important feature.

This thread has me going back and forth between worried, relieved, and worried again.
  • Reply 83 of 86

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsenka View Post

Is that an accurate description of how it does work in Mountain Lion, or are you speculating? If it is, I'd say that does qualify as taking away an important feature.

This thread has me going back and forth between worried, relieved, and worried again.

ML's behaviour is the same as Lion's with the exception that instead of always forcing the full-screen application to the primary display, you can assign the app to whichever display you want. As with Lion, all displays not home to the full-screen app are expensive grey linen.

• Reply 84 of 86
    wyredwyred Posts: 10member

Also it appears to have broken Parallel's good support of multiple displays :(

• Reply 85 of 86

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyred View Post

Also it appears to have broken Parallel's good support of multiple displays :(

That's distressing news. I'm a heavy user of Parallels Desktop for development/testing.

In other distressing news, it appears that Firefox 14 now solely implements Apple's full-screen mode, which means that users who wish to have a full-screen browser on one monitor while simultaneously working on others have one less option available.

Le Sigh.