Inside OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion GM: Contacts to get new groups, sharing, linking and Facebook support

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22

I'm not troubled by the interface or appearance but I'm driven nuts by Address Book (now Contact)'s  pitiful lack of features and control. Users should have far more options for assigning individual contacts to multiple groups, to sort by groups, and to manipulate and print specific data fields into lists, mailing labels, merged mail documents, etc. Users of the now-defunct Now Contact will know what I mean. Apple also owns Filemaker, which is too complex to use as a contact manager. Filemaker makes Bento, which adds some cosmetic abilities to Address Book but few truly useful features. Surely there's a market for a Contacts Pro product that provides the missing power for small business users. I'd gladly pay for such a product.

• Reply 22 of 22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthur Greenwald View Post

I'm not troubled by the interface or appearance but I'm driven nuts by Address Book (now Contact)'s  pitiful lack of features and control. Users should have far more options for assigning individual contacts to multiple groups, to sort by groups, and to manipulate and print specific data fields into lists, mailing labels, merged mail documents, etc. Users of the now-defunct Now Contact will know what I mean. Apple also owns Filemaker, which is too complex to use as a contact manager. Filemaker makes Bento, which adds some cosmetic abilities to Address Book but few truly useful features. Surely there's a market for a Contacts Pro product that provides the missing power for small business users. I'd gladly pay for such a product.

Arthur, you and me both... For the love of God Apple either make a professional version of your contact book on the mac, iphone and ipad or remove the lock so someone else will..  

1) How about  MULTIPLE "titled notes" ?? What, you mean have notes with their own titles ? What a CRAZY idea.

2) How about groups inside of groups ?

3) How and multiple pictures for a company contact ? (CRAZY idea to have multiple people working for one company, why not have their own picture ?

4) How about putting the name ABOVE the phone number, email address, and so on ? WHAT you want to have more then Arthur Gree.... in the name area ?? LOL

Apple is DROPPING the ball with not having professional versions of their standard apps.

EVERY TIME I call in with suggestions they try to offer me a job, NO F###ING way... you won't listen to me as a paying customer why the hell would I want to deal with you not listening to me as an employee ????