Martin Scorsese featured in new iPhone 4S ad

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    scotty321scotty321 Posts: 313member

Oh my god, these ads are so terrible. 

What the fsck happened to Apple since Steve Jobs died? 

Someone needs to fire Phil Schiller immediately.

• Reply 22 of 35
    scotty321scotty321 Posts: 313member

These ads have no emotion in them at all... they don't pull on the heartstrings, they don't even get any decent information across. These are just terrible. Absolutely terrible.

• Reply 23 of 35
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    scotty321 wrote: »
    Oh my god, these ads are so terrible.

What the fsck happened to Apple since Steve Jobs died?

Someone needs to fire Phil Schiller immediately.

Steve would never green light a bad commercial. /s

• Reply 24 of 35
    bigdaddypbigdaddyp Posts: 811member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    Steve would never green light a bad commercial. /s

Maybe it's better if you watched it while stoned, like the girl in the commercial?
  • Reply 25 of 35

All fine and well, but wish they would return to just showing the new features and updates (how about showing people the upgraded camera and lighting or how they can edit short movies on their phone?) and making an emotional connection to customers (ex. the early FaceTime ads with the soldier, deaf person, and grandfather, etc.). Most don't care about super-millionaires who may or may not even use an iPhone in real life and seem to be only collecting a huge payday to make an ad. Most can't connect with Samuel Jackson or Scorsese, but we can if they go back to showing how using it will affect our lives.

• Reply 26 of 35
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Warning:

Long term exposure to Siri can cause hair loss, tinting of the eyebrows and skin…

image image image

• Reply 27 of 35
    rabbit_coachrabbit_coach Posts: 1,114member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tylerk36 View Post

Bin ich angenommen zu denken, dass dieses ist wirklich klug hinzufügen?  Alle wir wissen, dass SIRI nicht das tut.  Warten Sie, bis der IOS 6 herauskommt, wenn SIRI nicht dann wir sieht ein Beta ist, wie gutes SIRI sein kann.

This is an english forum, so please quote in english. Besides your german is completely embarrassing and sounds rather like google translate.

• Reply 28 of 35
    gslushergslusher Posts: 17member
    Dylan appeared in an iPod ad that also shilled his album, "Modern Times."
  • Reply 29 of 35
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,337moderator
    I want to see a Siri ad with Bobcat Goldwhait:

• Reply 30 of 35
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member
    I want to see Martin Sheen (as Illusive Man)... "Siri... Where is Sheppard?"
  • Reply 31 of 35
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member
    scotty321 wrote: »
    These ads have no emotion in them at all... they don't pull on the heartstrings, they don't even get any decent information across. These are just terrible. Absolutely terrible.

I must say the John Malkovich one was rather bland.
  • Reply 32 of 35

not a fan of the ads.  but that may be because i'm not a fan of Siri.  Beta is right!  I guess what bothers me is they focus on that feature like it's so great.  Maybe it is for some people.  Yeah it works for dictating text messages but couldn't a non-server-based (i.e., no internet req'd) application do that?  ah well, at least it's keeping the name out there.  I'm a shareholder so on that front I can't complain!

• Reply 33 of 35
    rbryanhrbryanh Posts: 263member

The ads are dishonest.  They misrepresent the product, portraying an experience that it does not now, never has, and perhaps never will provide.  In a sane society, they'd be not only illegal, but contemptible.  

But here we are, discussing whether it's an effective, amusing, or pretty lie, never mentioning the fact that it's a lie.  Shame on Apple, shame on Scorsese, and most of all, shame on us.

• Reply 34 of 35
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbryanh View Post

The ads are dishonest.  They misrepresent the product, portraying an experience that it does not now, never has, and perhaps never will provide.  In a sane society, they'd be not only illegal, but contemptible.  

Or maybe that's just not true.

• Reply 35 of 35

Seriously? There's going to be an Ender's Game movie? Yes!!!!