Apple's iOS takes 'dramatic lead' over Android in enterprise apps

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    If Microsoft does not get on board soon -- esp. MS Office apps for the iPad -- with they're going to start to fall behind as a company. I truly can't believe that it's taking them so long. What a bunch of luddites.

That said, Apple has to spend a little more time/effort in making possible a broader set of presentation capabilities with the iPad (a hugely important enterprise feature), most importantly the ability to write on screen. I've wondered: how difficult would it be for Apple to create a simple app that accepts pen- or stylus-based input (call it, say iSkin™) that can run as a transparent skin over any open app? It would be a killer. (Note that it would have to be done by Apple, since I guess no one else would be allowed to have an app that is simultaneously open while another one is).

---
    Groan. Noticed after posting that "iSkin" is already taken.....

I don't expect to see MS Office for iOS before Microsoft tablet efforts are in limbo.

If those efforts fail and MS decides to pull out of tablet market, there will be Office for iOS... Android as well, why not?

Likewise, if MS achieves dominance in tablet Enterprise segment, there might be Office for iOS as well.

But in every other scenario where MS is trying to compete Apple in Enterprise tablets... I cannot foresee MS Office for tablets. It is like giving your opponent your most powerful weapon and risking to lose war, for gaining couple of $ in return. Wouldn't make much sense.
  • Reply 22 of 22

Days ago rumors goes about the colaboration between Microsoft and Blackberry. If things do happen, I am not optimistic about Apple's vision in this field.