Apple wins patent for Cover Flow media selection GUI

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Quote:

Originally Posted by e_veritas View Post

Exactly what do you call "using something without paying for it" then? Last time I checked, Apple was the ONLY device manufacturer who has not cross-licensed technology from Samsung related to UMTS.

Because Samsung was not adhering to FRAND terms with Apple.

• Reply 42 of 44
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    e_veritas wrote: »
    Exactly what do you call "using something without paying for it" then?

Samsung's game plan?
  • Reply 43 of 44
    e_veritase_veritas Posts: 248member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Because Samsung was not adhering to FRAND terms with Apple.

How so? Samsung made an opening offer and Apple refused to negotiate. A Dutch court has already ruled on this issue and did not agree with your statement, as Apple was found liable for infringement.

• Reply 44 of 44
    mcrsmcrs Posts: 172member

Quote:

Exactly what do you call "using something without paying for it" then? Last time I checked, Apple was the ONLY device manufacturer who has not cross-licensed technology from Samsung related to UMTS.

Not to worry, Apple is digging a deeper hole with their upcoming use of 4G LTE technology [and a bumbling idiot at best for their recent release of Ipad 3 with "4G LTE" in Europe and Australia with the wrong chipsets]. The 4G LTE arsenals which Apple has are the patent portfolio it acquired off Nortel [with Microsoft, Sony, RIM et. al], the license fee it coughes up by using Qualcomm chips and the fees it gives to Nokia when Apple infringed its patents as well. That was some sort of innovation, isn't it? So, life will be mighty rosy in Apple land for the immediate future when it start to full-blown "embracing" the 4G LTE. Android partnership owns about 30% 4G LTE patent portfolios, while Apple [with bankrupt Nortel help] has about 150 4G LTE patents [a "huge" 1.5% share]. Like what Apple fanboys always say, Apple always "innovates" while the rest are just copycats. The Iphone without the telco technology shouldn't be named that way, it should be named as I-useless instead.