Apple releases Safari 6 with offline reading for OS X 10.7 Lion

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    malax wrote: »
    Not happy with the new tabs or the combined URL/search box either.  One nice thing about the old, orderly every-tab-the-same-size layout was the ability to close, say, three of 5 tabs with three clicks (without a mouse move).  Now you have to hunt for the (invisible) close boxes.  Just inelegant.  Maybe, perhaps, I'll get used to the combined address/search box, but I'm pretty old school and would have preferred to keep them distinct.

And I still don't know what that Reader/reading list thing is supposed to be used for.

1) If I can get used to them I think anyone can.

2) ?T and ?W will create and delete new Tabs quickly.

3) Think of Reading List as a short-term bookmark. An usage example might be a long article you want to read but can't right now or it might be something you want to share with someone else later. You may forget about if you just try to remember and sticking in your Bookmarks it could get lost and never found again. It also has the benefit of syncing between all your devices and saving locally so you can read the page offline.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    hubelhubel Posts: 5member

Is it me or is it not possible to view the source code of a page anymore? Right clicking the page doesn't bring up the option as it used to for me.

• Reply 43 of 48
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

1) If I can get used to them I think anyone can.

2) ?T and ?W will create and delete new Tabs quickly.

3) Think of Reading List as a short-term bookmark. An usage example might be a long article you want to read but can't right now or it might be something you want to share with someone else later. You may forget about if you just try to remember and sticking in your Bookmarks it could get lost and never found again. It also has the benefit of syncing between all your devices and saving locally so you can read the page offline.

Hey, who are you to say that you're the worst at adapting to change :-)

Thanks for the Readling List explanation.  Maybe I'll try it.  I rarely use bookmarks, I usually just leave the page open in another tab (sometimes for weeks at a time).  Sounds like the reading list would be a better solution.

• Reply 44 of 48
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hubel View Post

Is it me or is it not possible to view the source code of a page anymore? Right clicking the page doesn't bring up the option as it used to for me.

Right-click > Save Page As... > Page Source.

Not exactly the same, but sufficient?

• Reply 45 of 48

I can easily get used to the new tabs. Never really used the RSS feature, but I'm disappointed to see that functionality go. Regardless, the changes they've made to Safari have really sped it up! It is noticeably MUCH faster than it was.

• Reply 46 of 48
    gdoggdog Posts: 224member

empty cache under develop

• Reply 47 of 48

Thanks a lot. Its really a good and very interesting sharing.

[URL=http://glee-episode.info/]Watch Glee Online[/URL] , [URL=http://castle.download-episodes.tv/]Watch Castle Online[/URL]

• Reply 48 of 48
    a general solution for the missing activity monitor list is provided by hetima with SafariStand https://discussions.apple.com/message/20651191#20651191