2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26

I wouldn't worry he will do that.

• Reply 22 of 26
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

This is what worries more about Forestall though.  Yeah, he's an over-intense googly-eyed kind of guy, but he's also a bit of an asshole and has a medium sized chip on his shoulder over not being picked to be CEO from what I've heard.

This trial is probably one of the most important moments in Apple history so you will probably see all of them close ranks and pull together but, if there is one person in the entire group that *might* stab everyone in the back, it's Forestall IMO.  

I'm sure every one of these guys has been heavily coached by Apple's legal team.  I can't imagine any of them going rogue up there.  Since so much of this hinges on design I'm a bit surprised Ive isn't on the list but The Verge speculates Apple doesn't want to put him up there unless they absolutely have to, and Samsung doesn't really want him up there either as he might sway the jury especially if his working relationship with Steve was discussed.  I'm sure Samsung wants Steve kept out of this trial as much as possible. :lol:

• Reply 23 of 26
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member

I think there are many reasons Steve picked Tim to be his successor, specifically the board and wall street having confidence in him. He did fill in for Steve when Steve was on medical leave.  But another reason could be that he’s someone without ego that the rest of the executive team is willing to work for.  There were rumors that Ive and Mansfield don’t get along with Scott Forstall.  I’m guessing that’s probably BS, but I honestly can’t see Ive ever reporting to Forstall.  I doubt he’s micromanaged much (if at all) by Cook.

• Reply 24 of 26
    fracfrac Posts: 480member
    haar wrote: »
    well, it is a chicken or egg problem... Tim Cook knows how to "make the eggs", but Scott Forstall designs the insides of the egg. thus, is it more important to have eggs to sell, or have the egg that people want. at Apple, they have both. Tim Cook is the Chicken, and Scott Forstall. is the egg. but out in the world of "money", the chicken is more important and therefore is CEO.
    (apologies to the Design Team... they design the look of the chicken, the most important part...which is why the Late Steve Jobs, bestowed amount of power that Jon Ivie has)
    the problem is Scott forstall is a "support guy" OS development... and Tim Cook is an "action guy". and in the world of executives, "action persons" become the 3-letter executives... (CEO,CFO,COO etc)... not to mention Tim Cooks part in the 117 Billion in cash on hand. IMO Apple does not operate on the "peter principle".
    perhaps Scott Forstall would be a good CEO, but it won't happen at apple... he knows the iOS cold, thus that is his lot in life... be good at what you do, and enjoy life...

I haven't a clue what you mean but.... many thanks for the deep giggle :-)
  • Reply 25 of 26
    gazoobee wrote: »
    This is what worries more about Forestall though.  Yeah, he's an over-intense googly-eyed kind of guy, but he's also a bit of an asshole and has a medium sized chip on his shoulder over not being picked to be CEO from what I've heard.

This trial is probably one of the most important moments in Apple history so you will probably see all of them close ranks and pull together but, if there is one person in the entire group that *might* stab everyone in the back, it's Forestall IMO.  

Who would Forstall stab in the back?
    Tim Cook was chosen by Steve, with the backing of his hand-picked board of directors. It was The Steve Jobs Show during the late 2000's. You think Forstall would sabotage his career with public back stabbing? If he is really CEO / leader material, he will shine on the witness stand, period.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    jragosta wrote: »
    Here's an interesting review of what has gone on so far.
    http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/07/apple-to-jury-iphone-changed-everythingthen-samsung-built-knockoffs
    It's not looking good for Samsung.

I'm sure the Fandroid boards will light up for months afterwards about the biased judge and her excluded evidence. But unlike Fandroids, I don't go trolling on their forums with a bag of popcorn.