Apple's newly-patented in-cell touchscreen tech could be bound for next-gen iPhone

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    custardcar wrote: »
    In addition, I go on cycle tours for weekends, and fear my battery running out.

In the olden days of my youth, we used to use a dynamo that ran off the wheel rim to power the lights at night, what's to stop you doing the same now, hook wires to a dock connector to charge your phone, it wouldn't really require much in the way of electronics to provide the right current.

You could also use solar panels to charge your battery, anywhere where there is sun.
  • Reply 42 of 47
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    mausz wrote: »
    See post #2, samsung have had this technology in AMOLED displays for some years now (if I recall correctly it was introduced with the first Galaxy S)

Economies of scale.

In the years since Samsung started using Amoled, they have barely shipped enough phones equipped with them to provide one quarter of iPhone sales, let alone half a years worth.

AMOLED is still not feasible for iPhones due to the sheer number of them required.
  • Reply 43 of 47

Holy cow, I AM tired… put it in the completely wrong thread.

• Reply 44 of 47

Why the **** do you need two pieces of glass, taking up a total of 0.8mms?

• Reply 45 of 47

Could you stop saying Samscum? we get it, you hate Samsung out of some misplaced loyalty.

• Reply 46 of 47

I simply wanted a better battery in my phone. I don't think that's an unreasonable request, yet it seems to have got shot down. Shame.

And wizard69 - I resent the suggestion that my comment was 'assinine' (I guess you added the extra 's' for effect or perhaps to call me an ass? I'm hoping my pointing out your spelling error (without the usual 'sic' to hint you knew your mistake) returns the favour). I think from the number of people I've encountered with their phones charging at work because they forgot to plug them in the night before, or people who've told me their phone's almost dead as they had forgotten to charge it that night, that it's quite a reasonable comment. 

• Reply 47 of 47
    strat09strat09 Posts: 158member
    I said this like 2 months ago.. I also said they were gonna use corning glass 2 and get 3D Maps before everyone knew.. Does anybody actually pay attention to my posts?