LG exec says mass production of in-cell displays has started ahead of rumored iPhone launch

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    mcrs wrote: »
    Nope. For some people who've never been living outside of the US, then they start thinking that the time table for the universe revolves around the States' PST, CST, EST. We go with GMT for universal timing first of all. And, as for the "[SIZE=16px]Date Line[/SIZE]", it is pretty fixed already, as shown on this picture below. You can blame it on the Brits who very much demarcated this "[SIZE=16px]Date Line[/SIZE]" along the area of the map since the early 1900's. Yupe, Like Hill60 had said, Australia is indeed one day ahead of the States for any foreseeable future. Hence, Australians will get their new Iphones first before Americans do. [/URL]

1) The IDL is imaginary and manmade. Not that it's not a straight line. Understand what the IDL is used for and why there are only 24 time zones if you think there are ares on the world that have more a 24 hour difference.

2) There are 24 hours in a day. Another manmade construct (the French tries metric time after the revolutionary war. It was a nice idea but it failed in favour of the, probably earliest, Babylonian numbering system).

3) As of this posting it's 6:45am on Thursday, 23-AUG-2012 where I am -and- 11:45pm in Sydney, Australia. It's not 11:45pm Friday, 24-AUG-2012. The only honest things you can say is that the day starts in Australia before time zones to the West of it.
  • Reply 42 of 47

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcrs View Post

Nope. For some people who've never been living outside of the US, then they start thinking that the time table for the universe revolves around the States' PST, CST, EST. We go with GMT for universal timing first of all. And, as for the "Date Line", it is pretty fixed already, as shown on this picture below. You can blame it on the Brits who very much demarcated this "Date Line" along the area of the map since the early 1900's. Yupe, Like Hill60 had said, Australia is indeed one day ahead of the States for any foreseeable future. Hence, Australians will get their new Iphones first before Americans do. 

So people from Aukland will get the iPhone X 20h before people from Anchorache may lay hands on the new iPhone as long as it is rolled out on the same day.

And if there is a reseller in Waitangi (New Zealand) they may have their's even 45min earlier.

Right?

• Reply 43 of 47
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    rogifan wrote: »
    Why do people want the new iPhone to look like the iPad or worse the magic mouse.

I'm guessing that some people have a fetish-like preference for smooth edges. They don't consider that the rounded back is much more likely to slip out of your hand, can't be tripod mounted so easily, or set up on a table. and so on. In other words, they don't think like Jobs or Ive.
  • Reply 44 of 47
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

That's as accurate as saying that Pacific Time is a day ahead of Central Time because you could argue that there is a time frame in which the days aren't the same.

All I know is I'm upside down compared to most of you guys and it's a lovely spring day down here, in a couple of months when you are shivering by a heater, we'll be sweltering on a beach.

I missed a comma before and by the time I went back to correct it, it had already been quoted.

Back in the early eighties a concorde left Melbourne for a ten hour flight to London and got there an hour before it left, due to daylight savings putting us eleven hours ahead.

• Reply 45 of 47
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbit_Coach View Post

So people from Aukland will get the iPhone X 20h before people from Anchorache may lay hands on the new iPhone as long as it is rolled out on the same day.

And if there is a reseller in Waitangi (New Zealand) they may have their's even 45min earlier.

Right?

It depends on whether New Zealand is included in the first roll out, they were for the 3G but had to wait for the 3GS, 4 and 4S.

If it rolled out in Fiji, they would be first.

• Reply 46 of 47
    I was really turned off by the iPhone six during the whole bendgate scandal. I mean I offer long island iphone repair but it's not practical to offer a phone that is going to break and crack so easily. I feel over the year the quality has just gone down...
  • Reply 47 of 47

I feel the quality of all apple products has gone down over the years 

For more info: long island iphone repair