Rumor: Production hiccups may limit launch supply of Apple's new iPhone

2

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 56

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Eriamjh View Post


    Quit yer bitchin'.



    I'm sorry, is this section just meant for undeserved praise?  My apologies for pointing out a poor design.  It's amaaaazing!  Happy?

  • Reply 22 of 56
    conrailconrail Posts: 489member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by funkbarton View Post


    Yes, this is not a rumor this is called publicity. They - Apple - does it every launch to drive up demand. Now, hurry!  You need to get the new iPhone ASAP. Or else they will not have any more


    for a loooooong time. Days!  Weeks!  Who knows?!  Panic. 



    Yep!  Preorder so you can stand in line for hours on release day and get Apple more free publicity.


     


    if I decide to upgrade, I'll do the exact same thing I did for the 4S.  Go to the AT&T store at the mall after work and walk out 11 minutes later with my new phone.  Piss on standing in line like a chump.

  • Reply 23 of 56
    ewanewan Posts: 36member


    It's so funny how rumours get ahead of themselves, it's not even confirmed that the iPhone is in production and they are already having "production hiccups".

  • Reply 24 of 56
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member



    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Conrail View Post


      Piss on standing in line like a chump.



    I plan to order mine from the online Apple store, perhaps receive it a day early, then I'm going to go stand in line while using my new phone just to piss everyone off. image

  • Reply 25 of 56
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member


    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

    …perhaps receive it a day early…


     


    Good luck with that. It's not gonna happen.

  • Reply 26 of 56

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


     


    Of course what we've seen is what we're getting. Don't delude yourself otherwise. Do you REALLY think you want a wider phone?



    I know I do. Just as I know I don't want a longer computer monitor I don't want a longer phone unless it's wider as well.  I have relatively short fingers and feel the current iPhone is on the smallish side.  It was a great screen size in 2005, but not anymore.

  • Reply 27 of 56
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    oneaburns wrote: »
    I know I do. Just as I know I don't want a longer computer monitor I don't want a longer phone unless it's wider as well.  I have relatively short fingers and feel the current iPhone is on the smallish side.  It was a great screen size in 2005, but not anymore.

    So your fingers grew since 2005?
  • Reply 28 of 56


    LOL...no, but my perception of what's a good size for a screen did.  I was willing to accept it in 2005 when it was among the biggest screens available but that's hasn't been the case for the past few years.  While iOS is still the best OS for a smartphone, they've been passed up in other areas.

  • Reply 29 of 56
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member


    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

    So your fingers grew since 2005?


     


    Apple made an iPhone in 2005?


     


    Or, a better question, ANY cell phone had a 3.5" screen in 2005?

  • Reply 30 of 56

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


     


    Apple made an iPhone in 2005?


     


    Or, a better question, ANY cell phone had a 3.5" screen in 2005?



     


    Sorry, 2007.  I don't live here you know.  But development of what was to become the iPhone began in 2004.

  • Reply 31 of 56
    dickprinterdickprinter Posts: 1,060member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


     


    Of course what we've seen is what we're getting. Don't delude yourself otherwise. Do you REALLY think you want a wider phone?



    I, for one, do not want a wider phone.....nor a taller one. I love the size of the current version. Anything larger, wide or tall, will be noticeable in a pant or shirt pocket and NOT noticing I am carrying a mobile device capable of a superior Internet, telephony, messaging, email, etc. experience is what makes the iPhone so great. If you ask me, a person's preference of screen size is telling of whether one needs to use eyeglasses or not. Those who prefer a larger screen are usually those who are resistant to the fact that they need to wear spectacles.

  • Reply 32 of 56
    dickprinterdickprinter Posts: 1,060member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post





    So your fingers grew since 2005?


    I was thinking the same thing. He must prefer using two hands now to complete most smartphone tasks.

  • Reply 33 of 56


    The phone looks sweet but I'm very happy with my iPhone 4S and will run out the contract before I get a new one. I do think that the lineups and demand for this iPhone will blow every other launch out of the water. I know so many people barely hanging on to their old iPhone 3G's and 3GS's waiting for the new 6th gen iPhone which will be truly different like the iPhone 4 was.

  • Reply 34 of 56

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by NotScott View Post


    This isn't even news. Happens with every launch!



     


    I thought the same thing. To be expected.

  • Reply 35 of 56

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post


    I, for one, do not want a wider phone.....nor a taller one. I love the size of the current version. Anything larger, wide or tall, will be noticeable in a pant or shirt pocket and NOT noticing I am carrying a mobile device capable of a superior Internet, telephony, messaging, email, etc. experience is what makes the iPhone so great. If you ask me, a person's preference of screen size is telling of whether one needs to use eyeglasses or not. Those who prefer a larger screen are usually those who are resistant to the fact that they need to wear spectacles.



     


    I have 20/20 vision and am in my 30's - no need for spectacles.  But hey, if you want to continue using the size phone you have now then great!  They'll still sell it.  But for those of us who don't mind the phone being a little bigger, and enjoy a bigger screen b/c bigger is always better when it comes to screen size, MOST of us want it to grow in both width and length.


     


    I've put friends android phones in my pocket and I still can't feel it.  Perhaps you wear tighter jeans than I do ;)

  • Reply 36 of 56

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post


    I was thinking the same thing. He must prefer using two hands now to complete most smartphone tasks.



     


    Didn't realize I needed to spell it out for you guys.  My dear lord.

  • Reply 37 of 56
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by funkbarton View Post


    Yes, this is not a rumor this is called publicity. They - Apple - does it every launch to drive up demand. Now, hurry!  You need to get the new iPhone ASAP. Or else they will not have any more


    for a loooooong time. Days!  Weeks!  Who knows?!  Panic. 



     


    What seems to usually happen is that there are plenty at launch time, they run out and then there are shortages as stock diverts to launches in other countries.

  • Reply 38 of 56
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member


    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

    What seems to usually happen is that there are plenty at launch time, they run out and then there are shortages as stock diverts to launches in other countries.


     


    I wonder if stock is going to be diverted from AT&T to other outlets because of their idiocy.


     


    Hey, the Canadian iPhone launch had units diverted to Europe because of their telecoms' plans. You never know.

  • Reply 39 of 56
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    notscott wrote: »
    This isn't even news. Happens with every launch!

    Yep. No matter the product.
  • Reply 40 of 56
    cvaldes1831cvaldes1831 Posts: 1,832member
    jragosta wrote: »
    So your fingers grew since 2005?
    Actually, it's quite possible. A large percentage of commenters at Apple tech media sites like AppleInsider, MacRumors, etc. are quite young (high school or college age) and thus their fingers probably have grown since 2005.
Sign In or Register to comment.