Amazon expected to unveil new Kindles at Sept. 6 media event

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28

My wife was a Huge fan of the Kindle, but when she got her iPad, she sold it without a second thought.

Lotsa luck, Spamazon.

• Reply 22 of 28

Quote:

Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

http://allthingsd.com/20120803/apples-eddy-cue-saw-market-for-7-inch-tablet-in-2011-said-should-do-one/

Actually, Ipad mini is a copy product

Are you saying all 17" notebook computers are copies of Apple's first in the world 17" notebook? I sincerely hope not. What about TVs? Is every 40" LCD TV a copy of the first 40" TV ever produced? Lame-o. Screen dimensions don't make for a copy of a product.

One could, in fact, argue your point in reverse. Technically, if you made an exact copy of the iPad but made it to 1/2 scale, wouldn't that still be copying, regardless of screen size?

One can have an extreme opinion in Apple's favor just as easily as one can in Apple's opposition, I don't know, such as arguing that a rumored product that doesn't exist is a copy of a product that is alledgedly infringing on design patents of the maker of this rumored product. If you had a leg to stand on, it would be in quicksand. Perhaps wait until an actual product, or even a leaked PHOTO (not some mock-up) of a rumored product comes out before calling something a copy. I dislike Apple-crazy people as much as the next normal person, but to stoop to their level in opposition just gives them permission to continue. Be the bigger person and actually have some unbiased, moderate arguments please. Unless you are actually an extremist anti-Apple person whose sole purpose joining this forum is to insult people who have a genuine interest in this company and its products, then by all means continue adding to the cacophony.

• Reply 23 of 28
    Hasn't Amazon learnt anything? Why would it hold an event before one of Apple, where a radically new iPhone and iOS is rumored to be announced? The Kindle fever will surely last about a week or so.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    abarry wrote: »
    Hasn't Amazon learnt anything? Why would it hold an event before one of Apple, where a radically new iPhone and iOS is rumored to be announced? The Kindle fever will surely last about a week or so.

Amazon is smart enough to know that if they don't announce before Apple, they will get no press. Even if the products are totally unrelated.

The dumb move is that they announce weeks before anything is ready to launch so any buzz is gone by then. They need to take a page from Apple and keep the wait as short as possible
  • Reply 25 of 28
    quadra 610 wrote: »
    Kindles are a non-factor in the tablet space (or rather, iPad space.)

Here's why I bought a Kindle Touch rather than an iPad.

• The main use for a tablet (in my case) is reading.
    • The iPad 2's resolution was too low for hard core reading. (Yes, resolution makes a difference). The iPad 3 fixed that.
    • The iPad is bigger than necessary and too heavy for extended reading. (An iPad Mini could resolve this.)
    • The Kindle Touch can be read in almost every situation I'm in, except very low light. The iPad can't be read comfortably outside. (A backlit Kindle Touch would make it all situations.
    • The battery life of the Kindle is a nice plus, but not absolutely necessary.

Even though the Kindle Fire got almost all the attention of the Kindles, I think it lost out in every point of comparison.

A backlit Kindle Touch up against an iPad Mini would be a whole new story. (Read everywhere and inexpensive vs. more capable)
  • Reply 26 of 28

Quote:

Originally Posted by pfisher View Post

September is turning out to be a very exciting month for tablets and phones. The Christmas season will be like no other.

It will be a cold chilly one for Samsung. I think Sammy will be left out in the cold with his face pressed tight to the showroom window glass. 

While everyone else will be bringing out their new shiny tablets and phones, Sammy will be forced to pack up all it's clone goodies and sail back home.

• Reply 27 of 28

Quote:

Originally Posted by EWTHeckman View Post

I have a current Kindle Touch and a Kindle 2. I definitely prefer the on screen keyboard of the Kindle Touch over the Kindle 2's keyboard. So I disagree about that.

A Kindle Touch with a backlight? Heck yeah! What's taking so long?

I'll admit, I haven't tried the on screen keyboard, but the physical keyboard is less than stellar. For notes, it's far faster to type in the Kindle App for iPad. But I like eInk for reading. If it weren't for that, the iPad's faster, full color, (and now retina) display and larger screen make a world of difference.

• Reply 28 of 28

This is the day will amazon launch the kindle fire 2. For me I want kindle fire for free in exchange for using there amazon prime services that will be the game changer:). By the way, For those who wants to buy amazon kindle you can get the best price here: http://www.squidoo.com/who-sells-kindle.