13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frac View Post

Utter piffle.

Why?

...quoting Wikipedia or Groklaw is like playing wackamole...the crap justs keeps popping up all over the place.

@Inkling

You must have just visited Ars, where there is a thread devoted to the delusional ratings of the clueless intent on impugning the jury with totally unsubstantiated allegations that are baseless, uninformed and well...impossible to consider since not even the judge is party to the jury's deliberations. Except of course if you believe that Apple bought the judge and jury, ownd the legal system and flat out lied about everything.

I repeat, utter blowhard piffle.

Perhaps its best to EXPLAIN your counter points thoroughly rather than calling the entire thing "utter piffle"?

How about a good come back?

• Reply 42 of 43
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    galbi wrote: »

Perhaps its best to EXPLAIN your counter points thoroughly rather than calling the entire thing "utter piffle"?

How about a good come back?

Sometimes when a post contains nothing but inane, unsupported ranting with no facts and not discernable logic, 'utter piffle' is the appropriate response.
  • Reply 43 of 43

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

So you're saying that Apple is a patent troll? That's pretty bizarre.

In any event, the entire concept of a 'patent troll' is flawed. A patent owner is free to do whatever they want with their patent. Patents are enforceable (and should be) even if you don't many any products of your own.

No, that's not what I said.

In the context of the conversation I was responding to, I hope it would have been clear that I was applying that label to Google, in the hypothetical case that they started asserting their potential forthcoming patent on a slide-down notification center, despite the fact that, as an integrated part of a software suite that they license without fee to other phone manufacturers, they don't directly make any money off it themselves.

And conceptually, I agree that "patent troll" is an unnecessarily pejorative description for this perfectly legitimate practice.  But it's an expression that is more likely to be understood by others, so I used it.