Samsung vows to keep fighting Apple in memo to employees

124»

Comments

  • Reply 61 of 76

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by kriskkalu View Post



    This is off topic. Is anyone else having trouble browsing the mobile version of this site on iOS?

    Recently it just displays a blank page when you click on a post.

    I'm union iPhone 4S, iOS 5x, mobile safari.


    Just goto www.appleinsider.com, you are using an iPhone why are you letting them send you to mobile site, once you go to the full site, it adds a cookie so you will always go to the full site.

  • Reply 62 of 76
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by paxman View Post


    That seems like a shortsighted approach. Either AI should modify the CMS or else I am guessing people will drift away as it is such a pita to use. Didn't they do any testing at all? Now I can't read any article on my iPhone, and when i could it was such a pain it just wasn't worth it, scrolling left and right for each line. And the spell check.... 



    It is all about the numbers. Because of the better search engine hits, the site probably has doubled its unique page views, as well as increased its new user count and overall back links significantly. The social media and SEO driven design is the primary focus of Huddler. If you view their website there is no mention of mobile devices. It is all about driving traffic to the site. CMS and forum softwares have never been known to be very mobile friendly although Jelsoft did just release a mobile app for the V Bulletin forum which is the software we previously had here, however due to legacy compatibility issues they still aren't up to speed in SEO capability.


     


    I have quite a bit of experience modifying (hacking) CMS and forum software applications since the days of UBB in Perl on Solaris, however once you hack it, you cannot upgrade except by re-hacking it afterwards. In some cases you can write plugins but most of the time you have to rewrite existing core functionality. In my experience most of the packages that are available are overly complex because they integrate different modules from other platforms for their editors, media embed players, and user management control panels, etc.


     


    It is obvious that AI has already commissioned Huddler to customize this software in order to import the users and threads so they could convert over. I'd be interested to know how they plan to maintain the security updates and feature additions with the customized architecture. From what I have uncovered so far, this software does not seem to be very secure at all.

  • Reply 63 of 76


    TALKING OUT OF THE ARSE AGAIN


     


    THESE GUYS MUST LOVE IT FROM BEHIND!!!

  • Reply 64 of 76
    They failed to provide a believable explanation for why their post-2007 phones looked like iPhones. They just attack Apple again. Trying to make Apple the issue to divert attention away from their own conduct. Incredible. The most damning proof is their reference to "patent abuse." Their view is that Apple shouldn't enforce their patents rights. The only reason they want that is so they can infringe on those patents with impunity.
  • Reply 65 of 76
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by kriskkalu View Post



    This is off topic. Is anyone else having trouble browsing the mobile version of this site on iOS?

    Recently it just displays a blank page when you click on a post.

    I'm union iPhone 4S, iOS 5x, mobile safari.


     


    Yes, something seems broken.

  • Reply 66 of 76
    blitz1blitz1 Posts: 413member
    My point?

    That this verdict won't change a rat's ass to the valuation of Samsung
  • Reply 67 of 76
    pendergastpendergast Posts: 1,358member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Blitz1 View Post


    Idiotic remark. Their stock is still up 5% compared to the day before the trial started.



    I think your statement actually fits your post better.


     


    It's irrelevant that their stock is up 5% compared to the day before the trial started. The only meaningful comparison is what their stock would be if they hadn't lost as opposed to the current result. The market felt that was worth 7%. In other words:


     


    For example, let's say Samsung's stock is at $100 (simplified for illustrative purposes) when the trial starts.


     


    It rises to $113 right before the verdict (possibly because of overall market forces).


     


    They lose, and it falls to $105. 


     


    That means they lost $8 (or roughly 7%), mostly due to the verdict (as it happened after hours).


     


    If they hadn't lost, they'd likely still be at $113. If they had won, they'd be even higher.

  • Reply 68 of 76
    pendergastpendergast Posts: 1,358member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Blitz1 View Post



    My point?

    That this verdict won't change a rat's ass to the valuation of Samsung


     


    Your point is wrong.


     


    If they hadn't lost, they'd likely be up even higher than 5%, wouldn't they? You're looking only at the net change from the start of the trial to the end, which isn't valid, because it doesn't take into account what the stock price would have been valued at had they not lost (or won).


     


    This is really simple business principles. It's similar to the following: if I have $1,000 and put it in a bank that earns 0.50% interest when I could have invested it in a low-risk investment that pays 10% interest, I didn't make 0.50% — I really lost 9.5%.

  • Reply 69 of 76
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member


    Originally Posted by Blitz1 View Post

    My point? That this verdict won't change a rat's ass to the valuation of Samsung


     


    Already has. Greatly. And has affected their past (existing monetary holdings), present (stock price), and future (legal incapability of doing what they've done so flagrantly before, and with more potential suits coming down the pipe).

  • Reply 70 of 76


    Samung, this is what your letter to your employees should have been:


    "We have to let go of the notion that for Samsung to win Apple has to lose. For Samsung to win Samsung has to do a REALLY GOOD JOB". (like Steve would have said)


     


    Learn from the best Samsung. Learn from Steve. A good leader doesn't bring excuses, brings solutions.


     


    If I was your employee, this is the way your memo would have sounded to me:


    "Sorry guys, we really tried to fight so that you can keep your jobs. But we are powerless and we couldn't do much."


    And after that I would have ask for a job transfer from the assembly line to one of the executive offices or the design offices.


     


    Dear AppleInsider readers, Android users, Windows Metro users and even iOS users, I say we all send Samsung and flood their mailboxes with these two things:


    1. examples of DIFFERENT usable user interfaces and DIFFERENT hardware designs for their phones and tablets (if Nokia and Microsoft have done it, it shouldn't be so difficult)


    and


    2. our resumes, applying to be designers and executives (I think we would just need our high school diplomas or GEDs)

  • Reply 71 of 76
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member


    Originally Posted by rumpels View Post

    Samung, this is what your letter to your employees should have been:


    "We have to let go of the notion that for Samsung to win Apple has to lose. For Samsung to win Samsung has to do a REALLY GOOD JOB". (like Steve would have said)



     


    Wait, you want them to copy Apple MORE?! image

  • Reply 72 of 76
    I'm just glad we got to read the memo....'cause in two weeks, it'll be deleted!
  • Reply 73 of 76


    yes, this site is blank on iPhone.

  • Reply 74 of 76


    oops, it has been fixed... it is ok now on my iPhone.

  • Reply 75 of 76
    sennensennen Posts: 1,468member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Macncheez View Post


    Reminds me of a song...


     


     


    I've been caught stealing; 


    once when I was 5... 


    I enjoy stealing. 


    It's just as simple as that.


    Well, it's just a simple fact. 


    When I want something,


    I don't want to pay for it.


     




     


    Apt, and the whining on MacRumours (amongst the other tech websites) sounds very much like Perry Farrell's refrains.

  • Reply 76 of 76
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Samsung vows to keep fighting?

    It looks like they copied that, as well:



    It's just a flesh wound.
Sign In or Register to comment.