Apple seeks ban on sale of 8 Samsung smartphones

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    You do know that the screen on the iPhone 4S is made by Samsung?

So?

Are you suggesting that the fact that Samsung can't make a decent cell phone is somehow tied to whether or not they can make a good cell phone screen?
  • Reply 42 of 50
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    jragosta wrote: »
    So?
    Are you suggesting that the fact that Samsung can't make a decent cell phone is somehow tied to whether or not they can make a good cell phone screen?

Not at all. The poster I was replying to suggested that Samsung screens are of inferior quality. Maybe he didn't know Samsung supplies Apple with screens. Samsung as of late has built nice looking devices but the quality isn't great yet Motorola builds quality devices that are ugly. Apple has proven that both can be done.
  • Reply 43 of 50
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Not at all. The poster I was replying to suggested that Samsung screens are of inferior quality. Maybe he didn't know Samsung supplies Apple with screens. Samsung as of late has built nice looking devices but the quality isn't great yet Motorola builds quality devices that are ugly. Apple has proven that both can be done.

That's not really what he said. He cited a touchscreen problem as one of the issues but also cited a phone that stopped receiving calls. He also cited a phone that ran poorly with Android 1.x.

His argument seems to be that Samsung has a history of poorly performing devices - for a variety of different reasons - and is therefore not a very good phone supplier.
  • Reply 44 of 50
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    jragosta wrote: »
    That's not really what he said. He cited a touchscreen problem as one of the issues but also cited a phone that stopped receiving calls. He also cited a phone that ran poorly with Android 1.x.
    His argument seems to be that Samsung has a history of poorly performing devices - for a variety of different reasons - and is therefore not a very good phone supplier.

I don't think they'd be doing so well if they didn't make a few decent devices. I used the touchscreen because it the one thing the IPhone and a Samsung have in common that he complained about.
  • Reply 45 of 50
    It is despicable to partner with government to get rid of the competition. I choose apple products because they suit my desires more. I like that apple has to compete. It forces continued innovation, refinement, improvements & controls prices. Now the government has taken some of this incentive away from apple & they have more wiggle room for inferior products than otherwise would be the case. Consumers loose. Apple was the most valuable company in the world prior to this verdict. They were not suffering or loosing due to samsungs copying. Further there is no such thing as intellectual property. Ideas are intangible. If I create a tune and begin to hum it & you copy me, I do not loose the ability to hum the tune. It is a free resource & infinitely reproducible. Intellectuals property is an artificial construct advocated by those who want to avoid competition & enforced by the govenrmental monopoly of authority. Cosmic justice seekers, you are immoral.
  • Reply 46 of 50
    igrivigriv Posts: 1,177member

I know that it was not included, but I don't understand why (since it infringes as much as anything else...)

• Reply 47 of 50

I know that it was not included, but I don't understand why (since it infringes as much as anything else...)

• Reply 48 of 50

• Reply 49 of 50