Apple & PowerON offer up to $345 for recycling an iPhone 4S

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    seankillseankill Posts: 566member

funny, cause on ebay, you can get anywhere from 450-500 for a 4S 64gb

All those websites are rip offs, a little effort and time about you can make 100+ more

• Reply 22 of 27
    al_bundyal_bundy Posts: 1,525member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seankill View Post

funny, cause on ebay, you can get anywhere from 450-500 for a 4S 64gb

All those websites are rip offs, a little effort and time about you can make 100+ more

and how much are your ebay/paypal fees going to be?

• Reply 23 of 27
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Xanthia01 View Post

Or sell now and buy a Galaxy SIII and be done with Apple?

What idiocy would bring that on?

• Reply 24 of 27
    al_bundyal_bundy Posts: 1,525member

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregInPrague View Post

His factory unlocked phone is better than yours because it can be used on any GSM network in the USA or around the world.  That's why a factory unlocked 4S on eBay goes for approx. $100 more than a comparable size/quality 4S locked to AT&T or Verizon. Check it out for yourself.

att officially unlocks phones

sprint and vzw will unlock the sim slot for you to use your own sim outside the US

• Reply 25 of 27
    cash907cash907 Posts: 893member

Quote:

Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post

att officially unlocks phones

sprint and vzw will unlock the sim slot for you to use your own sim outside the US

AT&T will only unlock your phone if you're off contract and your account is in good standing. I know because my two year just ended in July, and they wouldn't unlock my iPhone 4 until the day after the contract was up. You can go to various outfits to have your phone factory unlocked for around $85-100 dollars. You can get a software of Gevey unlock for about half that, but honestly both are a pain. If you're paying for an unlock, factory is worth it.

• Reply 26 of 27
    cash907cash907 Posts: 893member

Quote:

Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post

and how much are your ebay/paypal fees going to be?

Listing fees are usually 2-3 dollars depending on how fancy your listing is. Final value fees are the real catch, deducting 9% from the final selling price. If you accept payment with Paypal, they deduct 2.7% off the total amount. If the phone sells for $550, you're going to roughly make 485 dollars on the sale.

In other words, a butt ton more than Apple is offering.

• Reply 27 of 27

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyPaul View Post

I did not think it would be worth that much, but I just threw it up on craigslist at $80 to see what happens.

Ugh, the cell phone for sale section of Craigslist appears to be infested with scammers and sleaze. No legitimate inquiries so far, but I have been flooded with requests to trade for various items, offers of paying by check and offers to sell for me on consignment. I'm pulling the listing down.