Delta, Sheraton, Ticketmaster add support for Passbook in iOS 6

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperRob View Post

You guys must not be up to date on what Disney is doing with their new FastPass system. They're basically encoding everything into your room key now. They also have a new app for people not staying on property. It's still in test, but it's working pretty well, apparently.

By the way, Starbucks is now showing up when you go to the App Store from Passbook, but if you hit Open, it takes you to the Starbucks app, not Passbook, and there doesn't appear to be any way to turn it on.

I guess I must not be I was there about a month ago and stayed at paradise pier, but they didn't mention an app or anything. The key had all our info on it, but they only asked to see it for magic morning hours, but never swiped it or anything. Do you have links to any of there future plans im curious to read more about it?

• Reply 42 of 44
    I've tried searching for google and luckily I got the iOS 6 beta here http://apple-ios-6.com/
  • Reply 43 of 44

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkrunner1738 View Post

I guess I must not be I was there about a month ago and stayed at paradise pier, but they didn't mention an app or anything. The key had all our info on it, but they only asked to see it for magic morning hours, but never swiped it or anything. Do you have links to any of there future plans im curious to read more about it?

They're currently testing the system at Walt Disney World. They just finished updating several of the hotels to use RFID door locks (just tap your room key to enter), and they have readers installed at attractions like Haunted Mansion.

Here's one blog talking about it, but this one is pretty old. http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/05/02/limited-x-pass-testing-at-walt-disney-world-this-week/ They've made quite a bit of progress since. Eventually, you can book your vacation online, and actually pick times to ride popular attractions, basically getting your FastPasses before you even get to the resort. Pretty slick stuff.

Sorry for the thread-jacking. Carry on. ;)

• Reply 44 of 44

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

This is exactly what I'd like to know.  I really expected more information on this at the presentation.  It sort of makes me think Apple doesn't have many partners yet

They probably don't, too many mouths to talk if they lined up a lot of companies at once.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NexusPhan View Post

Fast passes for roller coasters? You bring your phone on roller coasters? You must be going on a whole different (lower) level of coasters than I do. No chance I'd leave anything in my pockets at Cedar Point.

You must not be an avid roller coaster rider if you haven't procured a pair of pants/shorts with a zipper pocket for valuables.  I would never ever go coastering without securable pockets!