Carriers begin selling out of Sept. 21 delivery for Apple's iPhone 5 [u]

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37

Quote:

Originally Posted by jglonek View Post

Did I mention I'm going on a cruise at the end of that week and having iPhones sit outside my house wouldn't work so well (or just not be delivered at all if I have to sign for it)? Not to mention my other phones are already on eBay :)

Don't worry, some people like being jerks on here.  On that note, I ordered mine through the Apple this morning (8am EST).  It said two weeks initially but now I can't log in due to system difficulties on their end.  I'm sure I'll catch some flack for ordering it since I criticized the screen size and design but I was planning to get it all along.

• Reply 22 of 37
    When I placed my order at 12:56AM PDT for my iPhone, Apple's website was still indicating a delivery date of Sept 21st. When I received my confirmation email it indicated the shipping date had slipped 2 weeks. I immediately went back to Apple's website to see what it was saying and the shipping dates were still saying Sept 21st. When I check my order status from the confirmation email it is still saying shipping in 2 weeks. I'm so mad! So from my experience, Apple sold through their initial stock in less than an hour. Fingers are crossed that I get it next Friday!
  • Reply 23 of 37

Quote:

Did I mention I'm going on a cruise at the end of that week and having iPhones sit outside my house wouldn't work so well (or just not be delivered at all if I have to sign for it)? Not to mention my other phones are already on eBay :)

I'm assuming you'll need to sign for it.  Anytime I order from the apple store it requires a signature.

• Reply 24 of 37

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }
    AT&T now saying ... "We're excited to bring you iPhone 5! Right now, your iPhone will ship in approximately 14 - 21 business days"

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

• Reply 25 of 37
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,631member

I tried ordering at 5:30AM EDT (2.5 hours from launch) from AT&T and it would not get past the phone selection.  It had "trouble".  So I ordered from Apple and it said 2weeks before shipping.

I'm not even mad.

• Reply 26 of 37
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

Quote:

Once the dust settles on your order you can modify the delivery to avoid it "sitting" anywhere risky.

• Reply 27 of 37

At&t site clearly says that the new iPhones are "shipping in approximately 14-21 business days."

• Reply 28 of 37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It's pretty simple to understand. You won't be receiving your phone earlier than Septenber 21st.

Don't be so sure of that. I received my iPhone4 the day before launch day. Thanks to FedEx :)

I drove to the apple store and started walking around asking other customers if they knew if they had cases at the store already.

• Reply 29 of 37
    Ugh. I did Apple.com, ships in two weeks. Hopefully it will move up, but not holding my breath. :|
  • Reply 30 of 37

Just received a text message from AT&T

"Congratulations! Your preorder has been processed.  You will be notified when your order has been shipped"

But no idea when...

• Reply 31 of 37

Quote:

Originally Posted by landy View Post

Don't be so sure of that. I received my iPhone4 the day before launch day. Thanks to FedEx :)

I drove to the apple store and started walking around asking other customers if they knew if they had cases at the store already.

I'm hoping that's the case for me, but i have my doubts.

Finally logged back into Apple.com and my status is the same, fingers crossed.

• Reply 32 of 37
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    jglonek wrote: »

So then don't order a phone for delivery when you're not there.

Problem solved.
  • Reply 33 of 37

Ummmmm.....the telcos already have several iPhone 5s reserved for them and in stock. 

I got off the phone with Verizon (porting over to them from AT&T) and was assured my phone will ship on the 21st and be to me at my home by Monday, the 24th. 

Kimberly even had an otterbox put to the side for me, which I unfortunately declined (those things are HUGE!!!)

I can see how they could still quote the 21st for shipping date when this is the practice.  

• Reply 34 of 37
    I originally went to the Apple site around 7am eastern time to find it pushed out 2 weeks, by the time I could get to work and order mine from Verizon I had just missed the 9/21 date, looking at 9/26 or sooner they said. If an earlier buyer doesn't accept their order info sent via email or cancels mine would bump up in the que. Not expecting that to happen.

Oh well, its only a few more days and it gives time for case makers to get their stuff out the door.
  • Reply 35 of 37
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    allenbf wrote: »
    I'd love to know how many Apple sold in that hour.

The 4S had a limit of 4 milion pre-orders sold out in 1 day. They should have anticipated stronger demand for this one so probably a bit over 4 million. When you think of all the countries and current owners looking for an upgrade, if they only made 4 million, either they seriously underestimated this or they are at maximum capacity. I suspect the latter will be true but their capacity should be higher than before. Going by their best quarter of 37 million iPhones, that means 400k iPhones per day, which is just over 8 million in the next 3 weeks.
  • Reply 36 of 37

Reserved my in from Apple Retail at 5:30 AM... two week estimate.  Then I just got an email saying they moved me up to Sept. 21.  JACKPOT!

• Reply 37 of 37

just checked my order says preparing for shipment, it was fun to watch be overnight from china watch where it was and such, now it will be interesting to see where it ships from.