Some iOS 6 users reportedly suffering from Wi-Fi issues [u]

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 77
    gtr wrote: »
    It was far superior to the rubbish you were too embarrassed to admit to purchasing.

Fancy joining in Jun 2012 and not being able to say a decent positive thing about whatever rubbish you had selected as a communication device?

Thanks for pointing yourself out!

mouse caught in my mousetrap, that's what you are. ha ha ha lol
  • Reply 62 of 77
    No problem to report, whatsoever. Running smooth.

Yup, here too, except for one tiny glitch: the iPad had not automatically connected to my home network, so had to go into wifi settings and check it once (it had previously connected to the secure network at work, though).

No such issues with the iPhone.
  • Reply 63 of 77
    ray bart wrote: »
    mouse caught in my mousetrap, that's what you are. ha ha ha lol

Oh yikes. Don't these people even have an embarrassment gene in their bodies!?
  • Reply 64 of 77
    Do you really believe this? Steve Jobs never groomed Timmy. It's clear from Isaacson's book. If anything he mentored Mark Z of Facebook in the twilight of his life than he did Timmy. Steve did see one thing in Timmy - an astute businessman who could be relied upon to keep the ship steady once Jobs was gone. The last thing Steve wanted on his deathbed was that another Scully fiasco would occur. Hence chose Timmy a few years earlier to keep things steady - not because he saw any genuis in Timmy. In fact he probably would have given Timmy the same advice he gave Bill Gates - to go and expand his mind through LSD/ counter culture.

Morever the choice of Timmy says a lot about what Steve was thinking of the other senior execs at Apple - that they are essentially boneheads who he would never leave the keys to Apple to once he died. These boneheads are now prancing around like they are genuises whereas Steve did not think this - again this comes out clearly in Isaacson's book with the catalogue of episodes where these boneheads produced less than what Steve expected and had to do things over again and better.
  • Reply 65 of 77
    Oh yikes. Don't these people even have an embarrassment gene in their bodies!?

you must be an ethnic mouse with a name like that?
  • Reply 66 of 77
    pendergast wrote: »
    Except Steve was around when Ping was released, which was half-baked because it was originally supposed to support Facebook integration.
    Oh, and iOS 5 had Twitter integration, and I'm pretty sure that was developed and released while Steve was still around.
    People have an irrational disdain for Mr. Cook.

Do you really believe this? Steve Jobs never groomed Timmy. It's clear from Isaacson's book. If anything he mentored Mark Z of Facebook in the twilight of his life than he did Timmy. Steve did see one thing in Timmy - an astute businessman who could be relied upon to keep the ship steady once Jobs was gone. The last thing Steve wanted on his deathbed was that another Scully fiasco would occur. Hence chose Timmy a few years earlier to keep things steady - not because he saw any genuis in Timmy. In fact he probably would have given Timmy the same advice he gave Bill Gates - to go and expand his mind through LSD/ counter culture.

Morever the choice of Timmy says a lot about what Steve was thinking of the other senior execs at Apple - that they are essentially boneheads who he would never leave the keys to Apple to once he died. These boneheads are now prancing around like they are genuises whereas Steve did not think this - again this comes out clearly in Isaacson's book with the catalogue of episodes where these boneheads produced less than what Steve expected and had to do things over again and better.
  • Reply 67 of 77
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    neutrix wrote: »
    This is what I did to re-enable my wifi
    For those who own a 32 gig 3GS iPhone (mines almost full mind you) and have recently updated to iOS6 -  and are having wifi connection issues.
    Enable both your cell phone service & your Wi-Fi... then go to your General preferences.
    In General settings go to Cellular - please disable Cellular Data.
    Turn off your Cellular Data.
    I repeat.
    Turn off your Cellular Data.
    Now as you proceed back to your home screen go back to Wi-Fi (if you are still having difficulty), and re log into your home wifi.
    If problem is persisting, turn off your iPhone, and turn back on and repeat steps.
    By the way, browsing with Safari is much faster in iOS6.

"By the way, browsing with Safari is much faster in iOS6." .... The term is 'Snappier' /wink
  • Reply 68 of 77
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    Off Topic: An undisclosed ML app is WiFi Diagnostics. it's located in /System/Library/CoreServices. There are plenty of great features for this powerful tool, many of which are located under View in the Menu Bar.

Not that the upgrades caused any issues for me and mine but this is an awesome tool. Thanks much!

This is reminiscent of an app I used to use a lot called EtherPeek.
  • Reply 69 of 77
    ray bart wrote: »
    you must be an ethnic mouse with a name like that?

What's an 'ethnic mouse'?
  • Reply 70 of 77
    Had the same issue on iPhone 4 but it was fixed after resetting network connections. Seems to be working fine now.
  • Reply 71 of 77
    nm
  • Reply 72 of 77
    I had some WiFi connectivity problems, also, after downloading iOS6. I reset my network settings and that seems to have fixed things on my iP4.
  • Reply 73 of 77
    My iPhone 4S wifi quits several times an hour.... It seems to me these continual problems with Apple's software updates are due to inadequate testing... It happens with every major release... Their quest for secrecy keeps their products from being tested in "real" world environments... There are other software issues not posted in this particular discussion...
  • Reply 74 of 77

Thanks for the suggestion...   But does not work...  So far none of the remedies work...

• Reply 75 of 77

So far none of the remedies suggested work for my iphone 4S...

• Reply 76 of 77
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

WiFi access worked without issue right out of the gate. Though my home Fios WiFi did take a long time to download and upload the iPad upgrade. My workplace phone upgrade went snappily and WiFi access from the phone (4s) had zero hiccups.

• Reply 77 of 77
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Network World has an article up about ongoing Wi-fi problems for some users, unrelated to the log-in page issue that some users saw the first day.

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2012/092512-ios6-wifi-262787.html?source=NWWNLE_nlt_daily_pm_2012-09-26