Samsung plans to add Apple's iPhone 5 to US patent infringement suit

Comments

• Reply 21 of 54
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    boriscleto wrote: »
    When does Apple sue these guys?

Oppo Unveils World's First 1080p Smartphone

LL

That's an interesting tablet. I don't know if it makes any difference to have a 1080p display though, at 441ppi. At 12", it's roughly 300ppi. I think you'd need to hold this between 6"-8" to appreciate full detail. The idea is to be just beyond the edge of perceptibility at a normal use distance for most people, so this phone is very likely driving an extra million pixels that make no perceptible difference in image quality for most users.
  • Reply 22 of 54

Apple

• Reply 23 of 54

"Samsung is just another sore losing Company! Their Phones Suck, Their TV's Suck, ect. Nothing Samsung has ever offered has been as successful even as Apple's worst device! Samsung needs to stick to something simple like offering Toaster Ovens!!"

Not to sure about the toaster ovens, as I had a Samsung Microwave once. After a year the thing started by itself at times or wouldn't shut off. No light, no fan, no turntable, but the magnetron ran full tilt.

• Reply 24 of 54
    jeffdm wrote: »
    That's an interesting tablet. I don't know if it makes any difference to have a 1080p display though, at 441ppi. At 12", it's roughly 300ppi. I think you'd need to hold this between 6"-8" to appreciate full detail. The idea is to be just beyond the edge of perceptibility at a normal use distance for most people, so this phone is very likely driving an extra million pixels that make no perceptible difference in image quality for most users.

Excellent point! I'm sure they had a checklist instead of thinking what would be a great innovative way to implement new hardware tech and create a useful UE.
  • Reply 25 of 54
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ijhcidsub er846 View Post

Samsung is just another sore losing Company! Their Phones Suck, Their TV's Suck, ect. Nothing Samsung has ever offered has been as successful even as Apple's worst device! Samsung needs to stick to something simple like offering Toaster Ovens!!

If Samsung has never "ever offered ... a successful device", how come we are talking about company now?

That just proves that its products has been successful enough.

You've just answered your own question without you even knowing about it!

See how logic works?

Because their #1 market share in large TV has no resemblance of a "successful device".

Because unsuccessful products generate the most market share. Right.

• Reply 26 of 54
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Samsung should really just cave at this point. They've lost a major legal battle, and have already lost in the court of public opinion. If they want to continue to sell their products and market against Apple, they should stop spending millions on legal fees/drawn-out battles and settle with Apple. They can't possibly believe they are likely to prevail in any of these matters. Meanwhile, Apple has the resources to fight and counterpunch this thing FOREVER. One has to wonder if Samsung's lawyers have sort of created their own reality distortion field...not over customers, but over Samsung's real decision makers.
  • Reply 28 of 54
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    shidell wrote: »

Being 68 years after the introduction of the design, it does show that perpetual copyright should be eliminated.
  • Reply 29 of 54

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Being 68 years after the introduction of the design, it does show that perpetual copyright should be eliminated.

And so I quote the article:

Quote:

The railway owns both the trademark and copyright for the design, which it licenses to fancy watchmakers. According to the report, the railway is demanding financial compensation for Apple's usage. Considering how many devices already use iOS 6 that could mean big trouble for Apple. Fair is fair! Apple just won a billion dollars from Samsung for exactly this kind of copying. Now it'll be Apple's turn to pay up.

• Reply 30 of 54

Originally Posted by Shidell View Post

And so I quote the article:

Why the heck would we listen to anything from Gizmodo? They're staunchly anti-Apple, and in the case of that quote, hopelessly deluded. Guess I see where some of our trolls get it.

• Reply 31 of 54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Why the heck would we listen to anything from Gizmodo? They're staunchly anti-Apple, and in the case of that quote, hopelessly deluded. Guess I see where some of our trolls get it.

This is no excuse, Skil.

Just goes to show what a sham it all really is.

• Reply 32 of 54

This is no excuse, Skil.

Just goes to show what a sham it all really is.

I'm sorry, not wanting to listen to people guilty of blackmail, theft of intellectual property, and trafficking of industry secrets is "not an excuse"? 

Yes, they are a sham.

• Reply 33 of 54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I'm sorry, not wanting to listen to people guilty of blackmail, theft of intellectual property, and trafficking of industry secrets is "not an excuse"? 

Yes, they are a sham.

This excuse is a sham.

You write-off anything you don't like to hear, including this article, which despite it's source is still valid and absolutely pertinent.

So much for "come up with your own designs, implementations and ideas", huh? This is just one more glaring, timely example indicating that Apple is no different.

• Reply 34 of 54
    Consider the possibility that Apple's move to triple the damages is a defensive move. Apple, knowing that HTC and Samsung have a dominant position with LTE technology, is attempting to leverage and bolster its position with the expected adverse LTE ruling in favor of Samsung. These cases are not being litigated in a vacuum, or as stand alone. As someone who on payday signs the front of the check (an not the back of them) this is what I see being played out.
  • Reply 35 of 54
    Consider the possibility that Apple's move to triple the damages is a defensive move. Apple, knowing that HTC and Samsung have a dominant position with LTE technology, is attempting to leverage and bolster its position with the expected adverse LTE ruling in favor of Samsung. These cases are not being litigated in a vacuum, or as stand alone. As someone who on payday signs the front of the check (an not the back of them) this is what I see being played out.
  • Reply 36 of 54

Quote:

This excuse is a sham.

You write-off anything you don't like to hear, including this article, which despite it's source is still valid and absolutely pertinent.

So much for "come up with your own designs, implementations and ideas", huh? This is just one more glaring, timely example indicating that Apple is no different.

You don't this (allegation, mind you) of copying in a noncompeting product is maybe, just maybe slightly different than a someone blatantly copying every aspect of your product and releasing it as a competing product?

It's like a drunk driver yelling at a cop saying "HEY, you didn't stop fully at the stop sign, how dare you say I'm a bad driver???"

• Reply 37 of 54

Quote:

Originally Posted by lehshead View Post

How does this add a drop of relevancy to your post? 

• Reply 38 of 54

Gizmodo got the article from Mac rumors who got it from a very respectable Swiss newspaper that's been around since 1893.
  • Reply 39 of 54
    pendergast wrote: »
    You don't this (allegation, mind you) of copying in a noncompeting product is maybe, just maybe slightly different than a someone blatantly copying every aspect of your product and releasing it as a competing product?

It's like a drunk driver yelling at a cop saying "HEY, you didn't stop fully at the stop sign, how dare you say I'm a bad driver???"

Non competing? What does Apple's clock do differently from the Swiss Federal Railway Clock? They both tell time, do they not?
  • Reply 40 of 54

Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

How does this add a drop of relevancy to your post? 

Perhaps from an "I'm rich, I control you" standpoint?

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Gizmodo got the article from Mac rumors who got it from a very respectable Swiss newspaper that's been around since 1893.

Is this one of those jokes where you have to go and look up the answer and it's something absurd? I love jokes that make me work for it.