iPad 2 io6 update no Siri and sad maps

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30

After spending $829 on an iPad 3, 64 GB and expecting a good product that  depends on the efficiency of the software, which is really what makes the item desirable or needed, one expects the manufacturer or responsible company to supply something more than an apology for disappointing its purchasers.  That apology is accepted but it´s not enough.  We would appreciate much more a notification of when the different glitches that unfortunately come with  iOS6 (maps, guide and internet e mail services provider that keeps referring one to a different account from the one being used, and other details) will be fixed, updated, produced or whatever.  Michael Ram

• Reply 22 of 30

Originally Posted by Michael Ram View Post

one We would appreciate much more a notification of when the different glitches that unfortunately come with  iOS6 (maps, guide and internet e mail services provider that keeps referring one to a different account from the one being used) will be fixed, updated produced or whatever.  Michael Ram

Maps in under a year's time. Everything else with 6.0.1. We don't need a timetable. That'll just screw even more up.

• Reply 23 of 30

...timetables screw things up more?  The only thing left to add to that statement is that the world is flat. 

One would think that planning in an orderly manner would help to get things done more efficiently.

• Reply 24 of 30
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Michael Ram View Post

...timetables screw things up more?  The only thing left to add to that statement is that the world is flat. 

One would think that planning in an orderly manner would help to get things done more efficiently.

Demanding a set date for a fix forces quick and sloppy coding, creating more problems, or failing to meet the deadline, creating more bad press. They'll release fixes when they're actually fixed.

• Reply 25 of 30

Apple needs to fix the problems, I think.

• Reply 26 of 30
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member

8 brand spankin new newbies... in one short thread.

What are the chances?

• Reply 27 of 30

Originally Posted by piot View Post

8 brand spankin new newbies... in one short thread.

What are the chances?

VERY low.

You mean of them being genuine, right?

• Reply 28 of 30

Tallest Skil is a dush. Seriously,Tallest Skil? sounding more like smallest dick.

• Reply 29 of 30
    You still have yet to answer the questions to the above.

It's my conclusion he actually argues facts in which are hard to pass.

Honestly, Apple is a misleading and manipulating company. Why? Well...lets just go there then.

iPad 2 is and will always be strong enough to handle Siri and any other feature that are on the previous iPad. There is no restrain on the iPad 2 compared to the previous iPad 3 other than games that are demanding of the retina resolution. The only thing that changed is the camera, RAM and GPU which is double. The extra RAM and GPU cores are consolidated to running the higher resolution.

8 months out and the new iPad is now the iPad 3. The iPad on the market now is simply called ...wait for it....the iPad. No numbers or nothing behind it. Wow..talk about confusing. What pisses me off is how Apple does not even warn you months in advance. People who bought a new iPad last week now...have a iPad 3. That is enough to piss anyone off. Last weeks new iPad is no longer obsolete. Pretty much..they got @ucked by Apple. At Apple they have been known to ship as soon as it ready with no heads up that its coming.

At this point your probably thinking I am a droid only user and worship Samsung but....honestly I am a Apple user. Why? Because they do make great product. No company is perfect and the above complaints are mine about the Apples iPad. I am bios and not loyal to one particular company
  • Reply 30 of 30

Originally Posted by shareyourfacts View Post

iPad 2 is and will always be strong enough to handle Siri and any other feature that are on the previous iPad.

You mean subsequent, and no, it isn't.

There is no restrain on the iPad 2 compared to the previous iPad 3 other than games that are demanding of the retina resolution. 

Well, the RAM, as you yourself point out.

8 months out and the new iPad is now the iPad 3. The iPad on the market now is simply called ...wait for it....the iPad. No numbers or nothing behind it. Wow..talk about confusing.

Not really. Not at all. In fact, it's the best idea they could have had. And they had it eight months ago.

The third iPad is "iPad". Marketed as "the new iPad". The fourth iPad is "iPad". Marketed as "iPad with retina display". The only iPad with a number in its name was iPad 2.

What pisses me off is how Apple does not even warn you months in advance.

One of the most dangerous things in this world is people who are mad and cannot even begin to comprehend why.

Last weeks new iPad is no longer obsolete. Pretty much..they got @ucked by Apple.

Yes, I've always equated the ability to return your iPad for a new model, no mess, no fuss, to rape itself.