Shortcuts and Personal Dictionary Not Working in iOS 6
So I knew you could add your own words and shortcuts to your dictionary in older iOS versions but I never bothered until now. I just upgraded to iOS 6 on my iPhone 4 and I was poking around to see if anything had changed in the way you input custom words/shortcuts.
As a refresher, to add a shortcut phrase or to add new words to your personal dictionary....
4. Scroll down to "Shortcuts" and you should see "omw" or "On my way!" already there.
5. Click on "Add New Shortcut..."
6. For the "Phrase" enter: "oh my goodness" (for this example)
7. Next to "Shortcut" enter: "omg"
8. Click on Save. You should see it listed above the "omw" shortcut.
9. Click back on the "General" button to go back to the General Settings
10. Click on "Keyboard" again and your shortcut will no longer be there
Can someone else try this and see if I am not the only one experiencing this?
It could just be my phone or my own error. I apologize if I am incorrect.