Review: Apple's iPhone 5 running iOS 6

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 85
    My iPhone 4s has been pretty resilient to scratches, apparently not the case for iPhone 5. I'll wait and see before splashing out.
  • Reply 82 of 85
    This review is TERRIBLE. Seriously? DED sounds like a child.

"Most egregiously however, Google itself has jumped in with an attempt to propagate the notion that iOS 6 Maps will get you "iLost," something that doesn't really seem appropriate given that it was just a few years ago that CNET editor James Kim from San Francisco died while stranded in winter conditions, with his apparent reliance on Google Maps a contributing factor. Nobody was foolish enough to blame Google for Kim's tragic death, and Google should be smart enough to avoid similar associations, given that no GPS system's directions should be relied upon with one's life."

Is that even true?

Apple apparently didn't count on its critics and competitors jumping on the new Maps as being miserable, worthless, all around terrible and likely to get you lost. Nobody at Apple had any reason to think this would make global headlines, because the new Maps is a huge advancement in several respects over the old product powered by Google. It's not without flaw, but the majority of these flaws are Flyover rendering issues or missing or flawed place names, not problems that make the new maps unusable.

Little boy voice.

This review sounds like a novel, not factual, not informative. It makes me feel fuzzy about the iPhone 5, not "knowingly" about the iPhone 5.

I hate his writing style. It's terrible.
    How did he ever get hired...?
  • Reply 83 of 85
    What i believe is that people having 3g and 3gs means that they bought it at least 2,5 years ago, so it's time now in general to refresh their taste and go to smth totally faster and new which is iphone 5, smth totaly different from 3g-3gs. What i don't get is why to go for an iphone 5 if you got the 4s within the last year...? so what i mean is that is normal to see more interest every to generations of iphone...
    As for the maps you can use Navigon which is more accountable...

By the way look smth special for iphone 5 i found and i would like to gift it to my iphone:

iphone 5 stand

In general there are a lot of special handmade ceatures here for iphone gifts and more:

special iphone docks & stands

i believe that iphone is the extension of yourself, so it needs a special treatment... :-)
  • Reply 84 of 85

What i believe is that people having 3g and 3gs means that they bought it at least 2,5 years ago, so it's time now in general to refresh their taste and go to smth totally faster and new which is iphone 5, smth totaly different from 3g-3gs. What i don't get is why to go for an iphone 5 if you got the 4s within the last year...? so what i mean is that is normal to see more interest every to generations of iphone...

As for the maps you can use Navigon which is more accountable...

By the way look smth special for iphone 5 i found and i would like to gift it to my iphone:

www.etsy.com/listing/111841167/iphone-5-stand-rustic-turquoise

In general there are a lot of special handmade ceatures here for iphone gifts and more:

www.etsy.com/shop/smartwoodgallery

i believe that iphone is the extension of yourself, so it needs a special treatment... :-)

• Reply 85 of 85
    ipad mini cases

wow i purchased my new iphone 5 it was awsome compared to iphone 4