AuthenTec to reportedly ditch non-Apple customers in 2013

2»

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 40


    Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post

    Ha Ha or like the iPad just call it the new iPhone lol.


     


    ????

  • Reply 22 of 40
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post



    5) For all online purchases and any place that I think might be shady I never use my bank cards. I only use a low-limit CC that I pay off weekly. If it gets stolen they can only ever have access to $1000 which will be refunded posthaste. They also send me email announcements of purchases but they are pointlessly two days after I make the purchases.



    6) Note that Apple has set up a great chess game. They have tested purchases in their stores with their Apple Store app that will use your iTS account to make a purchase via the CC you have on file ...


    I use that same limited CC account idea which is also tied to my PayPal account. I tried the Apple store app this weekend for the first time to buy a new lightning to USB cable

  • Reply 23 of 40
    cgj wrote: »
    Apple has something big up their sleeve...

    They are oh, so sneaky...

    "My voice is my passport. Verify me."
  • Reply 24 of 40
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,787member
    jungmark wrote: »

    Exactly. NFC isn't widely available. I've been to a dozen stores over the weekend and only McD's had NFC devices.

    I wonder if McD's has more Android users than than most places?
  • Reply 25 of 40
    jungmark wrote: »

    Exactly. NFC isn't widely available. I've been to a dozen stores over the weekend and only McD's had NFC devices.

    NFC or RFID? I'm sure there are McDs testing out NFC but that's not the same as nationwide distribution of McDs with RFID readers on the PIN pads.
  • Reply 26 of 40
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    I'm impressed.

    26 posts and the "Apple is evil for not letting other companies use this technology" posts haven't started yet
  • Reply 27 of 40

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post


     


    Where the "S" will stand for "Secure."



    Good call! Now that Apple has tipped their hand, wait for shamesung and googlrola to come out with their own pseudo-implementations to preempt the 5s. I always thought that's what samsung was doing with their kinda-silly TV ads in anticipation of the 'new apple TV', with the commercial showing every possible UI at once (voice, movement, typing, remote).

  • Reply 28 of 40

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post



    I'm impressed.

    26 posts and the "Apple is evil for not letting other companies use this technology" posts haven't started yet


    you're assuming Google reads this thread

  • Reply 29 of 40

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post


    I would definitely buy a special edition military iPad, if it came with these features.


     


    (1) Bulletproof Kevlar backing. Can withstand a 357 Magnum shot.


    (2) Ultra secure fingerprint verification technology


    (3) Small explosive charge built into it, which is accessible from "Find my iPhone" app. If the iPad is lost or stolen, the device can be blown up remotely.


    (4) Jihad resistant


     



    5) Plutonium fuel cell technology... could double as fissable material for #3.   If blowing things up... let's blow things up in an Insanely Great way.


     


    Fixed your post.

  • Reply 30 of 40

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post


    I would definitely buy a special edition military iPad, if it came with these features.


     


    (1) Bulletproof Kevlar backing. Can withstand a 357 Magnum shot.


    (2) Ultra secure fingerprint verification technology


    (3) Small explosive charge built into it, which is accessible from "Find my iPhone" app. If the iPad is lost or stolen, the device can be blown up remotely.


    (4) Jihad resistant


    (5) Solar charging



     


    (1) ...and when a bullet strikes the Kevlar Siri screams, "Get down, you gawdam jarhead!"


    (2) The secure fingerprint tech also determines what kind of bullet hit the Kevlar and tells you range and bearing for your return fire.


     


    (6) a special app to set off any nearby IEDs while the enemy is still setting them.

  • Reply 31 of 40
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    you're assuming Google reads this thread

    We already know that an army of Google shills reads every thread on AI.
  • Reply 32 of 40
    "Apple wrote:
    [" url="/t/152849/authentec-to-reportedly-ditch-non-apple-customers-in-2013#post_2197550"]I would definitely buy a special edition military iPad, if it came with these features.

    (1) Bulletproof Kevlar backing. Can withstand a 357 Magnum shot.
    (2) Ultra secure fingerprint verification technology
    (3) Small explosive charge built into it, which is accessible from "Find my iPhone" app. If the iPad is lost or stolen, the device can be blown up remotely.
    (4) Jihad resistant
    (5) Solar charging

    Solar charging? Seems a bit unrealistic.
  • Reply 33 of 40

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post


    ...(6) a special app to set off any nearby IEDs while the enemy is still setting them.



     


    The app is called   "April Fools"  But it's commonly known by it's street name:  "Boom Boom"

  • Reply 34 of 40
    stustu Posts: 11member
    separate user profiles on the iPad, is my guess.
  • Reply 35 of 40

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post


     


    Apple should mess with people and call the next phone for iPhone 6, since everybody is expecting a 5s now. 



    Just flip the 6 upside down and call it the iPhone 9. Then it will be a bigger number than Windows 8, and it will be consistent with Apple's new trend of not naming their iPhone consistently.

  • Reply 36 of 40

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post


    Ha Ha or like the iPad just call it the new iPhone lol.



    That's what would have happened if someone in marketing didn't decide to market to people who have trouble counting.

  • Reply 37 of 40


    Wouldn't it be awesome if you could login to the MacBooks using your fingerprint.   Can't wait for that.

  • Reply 38 of 40

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by phalanx View Post


    Wouldn't it be awesome if you could login to the MacBooks using your fingerprint.   Can't wait for that.





    It is awesome, I log into my ThinkPad all the time using only my fingerprint... 

  • Reply 39 of 40
    By removing the technology from all other devices Apple might now has something unique.

    Apple can thus name its own price to lucky phone buyers. Monopolising profit works.
  • Reply 40 of 40

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by aBeliefSystem View Post



    By removing the technology from all other devices Apple might now has something unique. Apple can thus name its own price to lucky phone buyers. Monopolising profit works.




    There are plenty of other companies who also produce fingerprint sensors.  Authentec wasn't the only one...

Sign In or Register to comment.