Steve Wozniak says Apple Maps disappointing but issues not severe

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 88
    maps.nokia.com then save to homescreen - problem solved
  • Reply 82 of 88

One more thing ... if you think Apple Maps are bad in the US, try using them in the rest of the world.  they really do suck bad so Woz is only experiencing a fraction of the real problem.  When you deconstruct a map, there is a lot of data underneath the describes and indexes the real world, there is POI, positioning, geocoding, map layers, street and other map views, places, traffic, turn by turn navigation, public transport and the list goes on.

Apple as created a monster --- FrankenMaps

and people rely on Maps more heavy than 90% of the other applications used. The competition Nokia/Navteq and Google have invested years in development - it will be quite some time - I guess iOS7 in 18 months before it gets close to being competitive.

• Reply 83 of 88

Originally Posted by eat@me View Post

One more thing ... if you think Apple Maps are bad in the US, try using them in the rest of the world.

So just like Google, huh.

and people rely on Maps more heavy than 90% of the other applications used.

Source? 

I guess iOS7 in 18 months before it gets close to being competitive.

iOS 7 is 12 months away.

• Reply 84 of 88

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I don't recall Woz building the Macintosh with a GUI, networking at CERN, or computers at NeXT on which to run said network.

There's something you've forgotten, it seems.

Are you being childish or really not understanding what he meant?

If there was no Woz= there would have been no Apple= therefore, this site would not exist.

or 1+1=0

• Reply 85 of 88

Originally Posted by See Flat View Post

Are you being childish or really not understanding what he meant?

If there was no Woz= there would have been no Apple= therefore, this site would not exist.

or 1+1=0

That's not what he meant, but you can think that if you'd like.

• Reply 86 of 88

Quote:

Originally Posted by eat@me View Post

One more thing ... if you think Apple Maps are bad in the US, try using them in the rest of the world.  they really do suck bad ..

I'm so glad we got a world traveler here to set the record straight. Oh, wait, what's that? You haven't actually used Apple Maps "in the rest of the world"? That makes more sense. It's hard to imagine someone being able to test them in this short amount of time "in the rest of the world" unless you are Santa Claus and it's Christmas Eve.

BTW, everyone seems to be overlooking the fact that Woz also said the kerfuffle over this was "questionable". He's right about that, it's an entirely overblown panic, stoked by a legion of astroturfers, who do this following every iPhone release.

• Reply 87 of 88
    Instead of stupid arguments lets face it. Apple screwed its customers with the new maps!
    Apple keeps it up it will be the new blackberry!
  • Reply 88 of 88

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodentftw View Post

Instead of stupid arguments lets face it. Apple screwed its customers with the new maps!

Apple keeps it up it will be the new blackberry!

So, in your first sentence, you were just kidding, right?