• Reply 22 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by UrbanVerb View Post

That is not even slightly funny!

I guess you can't see the humor in it.

• Reply 23 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I wonder how Google Play and Android are for the visual impaired. Redacting joke that you must be visually impaired to use most of the ugly Android phones that come to market.

why is he going to be banned, because he stated that majority of Android phones are badly arranged and truly have no workflow structure to the apps on the phone and Google Play is reflection of  Android supposedly ecosystem (with a laugh)

Oh yes lets ban him for speaking against Google/Android on a Apple focused/fan site.

• Reply 24 of 36
    jumejume Posts: 209member

I dont know is it just me but I kind of like the redesign...

• Reply 25 of 36
    Mapgate, slavegate, USBgate, and now eyegate!!!. I'm going back to an Apple Newton.
  • Reply 26 of 36
    souliisoul wrote: »
    why is he going to be banned, because he stated that majority of Android phones are badly arranged and truly have no workflow structure to the apps on the phone and Google Play is reflection of  Android supposedly ecosystem (with a laugh)
    Oh yes lets ban him for speaking against Google/Android on a Apple focused/fan site.

iSheldon/iGenius/Teckstud is just holding a grudge for when I've decimated his weak arguments over the years.
  • Reply 27 of 36
    You know what else is a visual downgrade, using the iPhone 5 after a couple of months with a Galaxy S3. The text and graphics are just a little bit too small.

Why couldn't Apple have done a 4.3 inch iPhone? It would provide more legibility, it would still be above the 300dpi Retina threshold at the current 1136x640 resolution, it would simply be more comfortable to use, and it would still be narrow enough to meet Apple's requirement that you can text one-handed.

Apple might want to think back to their success with 12 inch and 14 inch iBooks with the same screen resolution, and roll out a 4.3 inch iPhone alongside the current model, so that the big-fingered and short-sighted among us have an option.
  • Reply 28 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

iSheldon/iGenius/Teckstud is just holding a grudge for when I've decimated his weak arguments over the years.

Your parents must be quite proud... just another one of your great life accomplishments

• Reply 29 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by muffinman View Post

Your parents must be quite proud... just another one of your great life accomplishments

His intellect vastly outweighs the majority of users that have begun to pollute these boards. I can't speak to his accomplishments, but someone has to say smarter things than idiots. How would we know any better otherwise?

• Reply 30 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by photoeditor View Post

You know what else is a visual downgrade, using the iPhone 5 after a couple of months with a Galaxy S3. The text and graphics are just a little bit too small.

Why couldn't Apple have done a 4.3 inch iPhone? It would provide more legibility, it would still be above the 300dpi Retina threshold at the current 1136x640 resolution, it would simply be more comfortable to use, and it would still be narrow enough to meet Apple's requirement that you can text one-handed.

Apple might want to think back to their success with 12 inch and 14 inch iBooks with the same screen resolution, and roll out a 4.3 inch iPhone alongside the current model, so that the big-fingered and short-sighted among us have an option.

And you're a photo editor?

Oh lordy...

• Reply 31 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post

Truly- why hasn't he been banned?

Why haven't you?

• Reply 32 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

That last half could and probably should be struck from this article. Hearing aids wtc have nothing to do with visual issues and Guided Access is only about locking the device so it won't leave an app. It's a Restriction feature, not an Accessibility one.

The writing in this site used to be so much better. That headed down hill fast over the past year. And AI really can't gripe about anyone having made bad design choices with this horrid ad bloated white layout, clumsy has hell comments layout and the lack of a smart phone compatible forum. Talk about pot meet kettle on that one

Judging from some other comments, you could probably blame this on Steve Jobs not being around. 

• Reply 33 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by photoeditor View Post

Just curious, but why would you trade in an S3 after a few months?  Wouldn't you have to pay a huge ETF, or were you just playing around with an iPhone 5 in a store?  I wish Apple would have come out with a larger iPhone as well, but they seem very attached to the one-handed operation perspective.  I think the phone and the OS are upgrades over what was offered before, but was hoping for more in terms of screen size.  

• Reply 34 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post

Truly- why hasn't he been banned?

Banned over that comment?  I don't get what was so offensive.

• Reply 35 of 36

Originally Posted by iSteelers View Post

Banned over that comment?  I don't get what was so offensive.

iSheldon was offended that he didn't think of the joke first.

I liked Solipsism's post because the joke is what is written there; he never had a separate "joke" written, whatever content it could entail, at all. It's only funny because of what is there, as well as because it gets people thinking about what would have been there otherwise.

I love that kind of humor. I'm sure it has a name. 

• Reply 36 of 36
    muffinman wrote: »

Yes, they are quite proud. Of that post, no, but in the same way they aren't proud that I can best a chihuahua on a calculus test.