Apple removes iPod Socks from online store

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
iPod Socks, a cloth accessory that Apple has sold for years to protect its portable music players, have been removed from the company's online store.

Socks

A reader alerted AppleInsider to the disappearance of the product on Wednesday. It's unclear exactly when the product was removed from the Apple Store, however a Google search still returns a link to Apple's online store as the first result.

The iPod Socks were first introduced by Apple in 2004. They came in a pack of six colorful sleeves that were meant to hold an iPod of any size, and protect it from scratches.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11

This happened months ago.

But… now what will we deride as a pointless accessory? image They killed off the $100 leather iPod case even earlier!

• Reply 2 of 11
    Gone because they are finally ready to introduce......wait for it........... "iPod Shoes"!
  • Reply 3 of 11

guess they are just gonna replace with longer ones for the 4 inch ipod touches

• Reply 4 of 11
    Apple's losing its soul, man
  • Reply 5 of 11
    This doesn't make any sense. Winter's coming soon, my ipod's gonna catch its death of cold if it can't snuggle up in a nice warm sock.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Could never get iPod socks to work properly.

Besides, iPhone gloves were always more practical; no taking shoes off in public etc.

:lol:
  • Reply 7 of 11

Quote:

Originally Posted by akf2000 View Post

Apple's losing its soul, man

Sock it to me!

• Reply 8 of 11
    Oh come on, that' obvious - the new iPhone won't just fit in anymore!
    I am using those socks on my 4S still every day and it fits perfectly.
    The obvious reason they are not being produced anymore (and it's really a very old product) is the products have changed a lot.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    Clearly the first steps to Apple's liquidation and bankrupcy.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member

Expect a downward spiral to APPL $500.00 because of this.

• Reply 11 of 11
    The reason they were pulled is because the Sock Monkey threatened to sue Apple. He holds the design patent on 2 color, rectangular socks.