AU Optronics reportedly building 'iPad mini' screens ahead of November launch

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    isheldon wrote: »
    Many prefer a one handed approach hence it needs to be lighter; two handed is too constraining but necessary at that current weight. .

Hm, ok. I hold it with one hand while standing and touch the screen with my other hand. Doesn't feel heavy to me. And I am no big, heavy, strong guy.

In all honesty, and please don't take this the wrong way, as I think my words could be taken way out of context easily, but aren't 'many' Americans considered big, tall, strong, 'heavy dudes'? The requests for a lighter iPad, not from you specifically, but those that I read over here @ AI, why is that? What is it, does it feel heavy, can't a person sit down; iPad on lap or table? What is it with a lighter iPad? A lighter laptop; now that I understand! Then again, I wouldn't use a laptop standing up, holding it with one hand, typing with the other...

<snap> lame joke: Oh I see, some folks want a lighter iPad so they have a free hand for other tasks (but I thought that wasn't allowed on iOS)
  • Reply 22 of 25
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    philboogie wrote: »
    Really, an honest question: why the wish for lighter?

An honest answer will be my wife still think iPad 2, light as it is, is stil too neavy for her. And I will buy one for her as a gift.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    isheldon wrote: »
    Many prefer a one handed approach hence it needs to be lighter; two handed is too constraining but necessary at that current weight. .

Nice answer, and it's true. Personally I think there is no too-light tablet. Lighter is better.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    @tallest skil Why would November be a bad month for releases? It's perfect for holiday season.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by johnswilson1 View Post

@tallest skil Why would November be a bad month for releases? It's perfect for holiday season.

It's closer than Apple has done to one in a long time, is all.