One year after his death, Apple shares video tribute to Steve Jobs [u]

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 90
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member

Wow...

http://www.macstories.net/links/apples-tribute-to-steve-jobs-yo-yo-ma-and-the-prelude-from-bach/

Also, this part is amazing..

Quote:

There was one classic musician Jobs revered both as a person and a performer: Yo-Yo Ma, the versatile virtuoso who is as sweet and profound as the tones he creates on his cello. They had met in 1981, when Jobs was at the Aspen Design Conference and Ma was at the Aspen Music Festival. Jobs tended to be deeply moved by artists who displayed purity, and he became a fan. He invited Ma to play at his wedding, but he was out of the country on tour. He came by the Jobs house a few years later, sat in the living room, pulled out his 1733 Stradivarius cello, and played Bach. “This is what I would have played for your wedding,” he told them. Jobs teared up and told him, “You playing is the best argument I’ve ever heard for the existence of God, because I don’t really believe a human alone can do this.” On a subsequent visit Ma allowed Jobs’s daughter Erin to hold the cello while they sat around the kitchen. By that time Jobs had been struck by cancer, and he made Ma promise to play at his funeral.

• Reply 82 of 90

Quote:

Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post

Celebrating or noting a birthday is negative ?

Do you know or celebratte when Lincoln died or Washington died?

Geesh!

And I too enjoy Apple products and services- but not 100% of the time/ 24 hours a day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flippysc View Post

Every year when I pay my federal income tax, I am in remembrance of Lincoln's death.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Oh boy, I do want to say this, though it could turn political quickly, but I think he was right in instating an income tax to pay for the war, just that it should have been REMOVED when the war was repaid.

I hold nothing against Abraham Lincoln for instituting the federal income tax.  I am a procrastinator and pay my taxes on April 15th (unless, like this year, when the 15th fell on a Sunday).  Abraham Lincoln died on April 15th.  Thus the remembrance of the death of the greatest man (in my opinion) in American history.  

• Reply 83 of 90
    tony1tony1 Posts: 259member

Bless you Steve. We miss you everyday. :(

• Reply 84 of 90

Please, please, please people, resist the urge to respond to the trolls to "one up" them.  Every response is another yank away from the greatness and awesomeness that was and is Steve Jobs.  

Ignore the fools and instead comment on what "insanely great" products Steve brought us.  Comment on how they may have changed your lives.  Tell us what you thought when he held up iPhone and iPad and introduced them to the world.  

I cut my teeth on a Macintosh Plus while at UCLA in 1985 (which I still have by the way), then went away from the "family" for awhile.  I was forced to wander in the wilderness that was MS-DOS and Windows for about 20 years.  I returned with an iPod Classic and then just about everything else.  I've never regretted it and I'm insanely happy with my work tools.  Thanks Steve.  

• Reply 85 of 90

iRemember Steve

• Reply 86 of 90
    gary54gary54 Posts: 169member

One of a kind man. Classy tribute.

• Reply 87 of 90
    kivenkiven Posts: 1member

hi I need your help i read your thread so i agree with u.i have some questions so please can u help me?

• Reply 88 of 90
    I'm not a fan of Steve Jobs. He took advantage of the consumer to create an corporate empire. For that reason on I like him. Personally I don't agree with his legacy or what he did.
  • Reply 89 of 90
    Really?
  • Reply 90 of 90
    kibitzerkibitzer Posts: 1,114member
    From Ecclesiastes 3:7 - "... a time to keep silence, and a time to speak ..."

When an honest and forthright tribute to someone's memory is offered, it seems appropriate to refrain from dissecting it. Simply accept the spirit in which the tribute is given.