Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathillien View Post

this is not an issue, it's a feature.

I lolled.

• Reply 42 of 48
    The bug where the text cursor won't move (click) in Safari into say the Google search edit box (in page not top right) is much more annoying to me. The cursor gets stuck and the text box is hard to insert text into. You can get it to work but it takes about 5 clicks to get the cursor to move.

I think iOS 6 is the highest quality X.0.0 release though (maps excluded). Been very stable here.
  • Reply 43 of 48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

On the next phone.

Not available for your model to upgrade.

No problem, just wait 2 years for your contract to expire...

• Reply 44 of 48
    I have experienced this on both my iPhone 5 and my iPad running iOS 6. I was actually kind of relieved when it turned up on the iPad, since it meant a software bug that will probably be fixed and not a problem with the graphics card on my iPhone. As was reported, it only has happened to me when entering my Apple ID.
  • Reply 45 of 48

Quote:

Originally Posted by saarek View Post

Anyone with this "error" need to realise that they're looking at their screen wrongly. If you find you see this with the keyboard then don't use it that way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

I wouldn't call that an "issue". It's bug, nothing very important...

Quote:

Originally Posted by thataveragejoe View Post

I've seen this on mine from time to time. Minor minor bug that will get fixed I'm sure. Hardly worth even mentioning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post

I am shocked that this was not skewered in the SNL iPhone skit last weekend.

This article and the replies is a glaring example of why this site has gone to pot.  This article merely pointed out a glitch.  It was not overly-critical of the iPhone or Apple.  Again, it pointed out a glitch - which is helpful to others who have experienced it as they know that there is not something wrong with their screen and it's an easily fixable software issue.  Yet the replies are almost all about how it shouldn't have even been pointed out.  Excuse me, but if not here on an Apple news forum then where can it be pointed out?  Are you all so enamored with Apple that mention of a glitch sends you on the defensive?  Instead of AppleInsider forums being a community where people can openly talk about Apple products it has turned into a cult which does not tolerate even the slightest appearance of dissension.  And below, we see the leader of the cult:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Because the aggrandizing of every insignificant problem into UX-shattering nonsense is certainly original.

There was no aggrandizing.  No one claimed this was a significant problem.  In fact, the very first line of the post calls it a "glitch."  A glitch means a minor mishap, a bug.  How is that "aggrandizing...into UX-shattering nonsense"?  I don't know how one becomes a moderator here but clearly it comes as a permanent position with no review of conduct.  This "moderator's" constant bullying of those that don't praise Apple is destroying this forum.  Add to that the fact that maybe a moderator should be moderating posts rather than creating over 17,000 of them and dominating the conversation.  This site use to be informative and mostly enjoyable.  Now it's nothing more than a fan blog. 

• Reply 46 of 48

Originally Posted by oneaburns View Post

There was no aggrandizing.  No one claimed this was a significant problem.

Exactly.

In fact, the very first line of the post calls it a "glitch."

Never said that the article was the one doing it.

• Reply 47 of 48
    Exactly.

Never said that the article was the one doing it.

I really didn't see any posts here or in the Apple forums that were doing it either.
  • Reply 48 of 48

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneaburns View Post

This article and the replies is a glaring example of why this site has gone to pot.  This article merely pointed out a glitch.  It was not overly-critical of the iPhone or Apple.  Again, it pointed out a glitch - which is helpful to others who have experienced it as they know that there is not something wrong with their screen and it's an easily fixable software issue.  Yet the replies are almost all about how it shouldn't have even been pointed out.  Excuse me, but if not here on an Apple news forum then where can it be pointed out?  Are you all so enamored with Apple that mention of a glitch sends you on the defensive?  Instead of AppleInsider forums being a community where people can openly talk about Apple products it has turned into a cult which does not tolerate even the slightest appearance of dissension.  And below, we see the leader of the cult:

There was no aggrandizing.  No one claimed this was a significant problem.  In fact, the very first line of the post calls it a "glitch."  A glitch means a minor mishap, a bug.  How is that "aggrandizing...into UX-shattering nonsense"?  I don't know how one becomes a moderator here but clearly it comes as a permanent position with no review of conduct.  This "moderator's" constant bullying of those that don't praise Apple is destroying this forum.  Add to that the fact that maybe a moderator should be moderating posts rather than creating over 17,000 of them and dominating the conversation.  This site use to be informative and mostly enjoyable.  Now it's nothing more than a fan blog. 

Bingo.  You hit the nail on the head.  This is a fan site just like Android Police is a fan site.   This site is best used to read news because one you get into the posts, it's everything but helpful and positive.   I shouldn't really say that, I do get quite a few chuckles from the more 'loyal' apple fans who post here.  I find it very interesting how, as you mentioned, the article was reporting a glitch and all of a sudden it turns into an Android bashing conversation.   Where did it mention Android in the news and if someone made a small Android comment, why so defensive?